• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-540 Main Board died! But...

StreamlineDesign

A couple weeks ago our VP540 wouldn't turn on or respond after sitting over a weekend.
We ran through all sorts of troubleshooting with a tech who said he was sorry to inform us that it seemed like the main board was the problem.
He sent an email with the cost of a new Roland board but told us we were free to shop around.

I did just that, and was almost ready to pull the trigger on a board from China when I found Mac Media USA. http://www.macmedia.com

For a couple hundred bucks (plus shipping both ways) our board was repaired and works again - saving us thousands of dollars! So glad we found them!
I didn't search here to see if other folks have run into this issue or have also talked about Mac Media, but I feel it was worth mentioning again if they have.

Very friendly and helpful - and FAST turnaround. Our main board was repaired and shipped back out the same day they received it!

-Rich

signgirl

Yay for you! I used Radwell Industries to fix my older Graphtec board and they were pretty reasonable. I'll keep your contact in mind for any future problems.

I just replaced a part on my main board myself (Transistor) and its been working fine ever since, minus this. I think the print head blew a fuse because if O disconnect the ink I can print any shade of Black and Blue no problem. I heard Mac Media is decent and they claimed to switch out the fuses with changeable fuses. I have a guy here in Cincinnati who can that as well. very nice and saves me a tech call.

A couple weeks ago our VP540 wouldn't turn on or respond after sitting over a weekend.
We ran through all sorts of troubleshooting with a tech who said he was sorry to inform us that it seemed like the main board was the problem.
He sent an email with the cost of a new Roland board but told us we were free to shop around.

I did just that, and was almost ready to pull the trigger on a board from China when I found Mac Media USA. http://www.macmedia.com

For a couple hundred bucks (plus shipping both ways) our board was repaired and works again - saving us thousands of dollars! So glad we found them!
I didn't search here to see if other folks have run into this issue or have also talked about Mac Media, but I feel it was worth mentioning again if they have.

Very friendly and helpful - and FAST turnaround. Our main board was repaired and shipped back out the same day they received it!

-Rich

So I've installed print heads before but now for some reason the Magenta / Yellow print head is offset in the printing. I checked the carriage to make sure they were in place and even ran a measuring tape. They seem ot be in place is there a way to calibrate the printheads up and down. I already calibrated them left to right atleast for the most part.

Any suggestions??

attachment.php

Attachments

• new printhead replacement issue 9-24-16.jpg
    new printhead replacement issue 9-24-16.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,017

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You need to run the alignments in order and do all of them. The order the alignments are in the service menu is the correct order. Once you have done the service menu alignments, run the user menu ones. If you do that, your issue will go away.

Physical Alignments - Require Tools

Bias - aligns the heads individually to be perpendicular to the head movement
Vertical - Aligns the heads to each other up and down

Electronic Alignments - No Tools just enter numbers

Horizontal - Adjusts the timing of the head firing so that each head fires the same distance away from each other
Bi-Di Default - Sets a base point for the user menu bi-directional alignment

User Menu
Bi-Di - Adjusts the head fire timing to keep visual integrity while printing in both directions.
Calibration - Adjusts the print feed rate to fix banding issues.