• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-540 Not Connected Troubleshooting

njsignguy

Been getting the "not connected" error in Versaworks here and there. Its been happening more frequently with the colder weather. The room temperature is usually at 67F. When I get the error, the only way I see to resolve it is to change the IP on the printer 1 number and update the IP in Versaworks, and its then "ready to print". I believe also restarting the printer will also fix this. Printer is connected to my FIOS router. Would this be a sign of the main board needing changed or possibly a network error? Thank you

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
My first guess is you're connected via a router which is setup with DHCP and it's giving the printer's IP address to another device which causes a conflict.

If you aren't connected through a router, I would try a new cable first, then try printing from another computer to see if the problem persists. If it doesn't it's more likely your network card on the computer is failing or malfunctioning, if it does continue to disconnect, it's more likely the network board on the printer.