• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-540 / Versa Works ORANGE?

signguy37

We use quality materials!
I realize there is only going to be a limited range of color and orange is a tough one... but I have a wrap all set to go and want as vibrant an orange as possible for part of the graphics and I test printed a section and everything looks beautiful.... except for the orange. It's too dull. Any magic formulas to get a good orange? I've got a buddy who runs the same printer I do and he also uses FlexiSIGN Pro and he sent me the formulas for 2 good oranges and they didn't work out at all. He has had great luck matching a certain orange for some race car tin orange. I'm not sure what I'm missing out on? Any feedback appreciated.

Kurt:help

SOA

Orange is a tuff one, i go for Roland Colour 'PR45 J' always use 'MAX IMPACT' setting in versaworks, print to a high gloss vinyl & you should be getting somewhere.

Malkin

In addition to anything else you may try, print at your highest quality setting, you will get more ink down and less muddy colors. I find this is most noticable on reds/oranges.

SOA

Also, try printing uni-directional rather than bi-directional. It will slow it down alot but helps pull it together abit.

sjm

If your RIP has the option of printing CMYK or RGB colors as pure hues select that, I mean the idividual colour. It will make life less complicated.