• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-540 Will no longer turn on, Need help Please

Biggermens

Hi Everyone

I have a VP-540 that was working fine and one day decided not to turn on, I checked all the fuses and they are fine, power supply is punting out 40V the led on all other board are on but no the ones on the servo board. I checked the voltage on the L4960 Voltage regulator, input is 40V and output is -4V I will guess that is not right,
Could it be the L4960 is bad and i heard some of the capacitors also can go bad on the main board

Anyone have any ideas ???

Thanks in advance

netsol

the ic is pin 1-7 left to right
pin 1 is input
pin 7 is output
voltage range is 5-40 v depending on. value of other components in the circuit
i have never touched a vp-540
i will see if i can get a service manual

not sure if this provides 5v or 12 volts to logic or motors

FrankW

Had that too sometimes with customers printers. Have never found the cause, even when replacing the mainboard sometimes.

Biggermens

the ic is pin 1-7 left to right
pin 1 is input
pin 7 is output
voltage range is 5-40 v depending on. value of other components in the circuit
i have never touched a vp-540
i will see if i can get a service manual

not sure if this provides 5v or 12 volts to logic or motors

Hi Thanks for your help, I have the service manual, i can send it to you
I looked at it real quick but did not find anything

Thanks

FrankW

Don't tell me that, you changed main board and the same thing happen ???

Unfortunately yes. But of course it dont need to be the same at your machine. One time, an incorrectly plugged cable after a print head replacement causes the same issue.

Biggermens

I wonder what is the less you need plugged in for it to turn on just the screen show a bit of life ???
i only have one of the 4 heads plugged in, i tried to have just the screen and power plugged in and still nothing