• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP540 cut carriage set up .

GB

Hi guys ,I posted this in the thread about tech training but thought I'd start another thread also.

Because of the cost of getting a tech out I decided to change out my cut carriage cable & board myself, all went very smoothly however the machine cannot now find the cut registration marks. It will attempt to find the first one then feed the print forward and start looking for them a few inches behind where they actually are.

I've tried adjusting the little "turn screw" on the right of the board with no success.

If anyone can suggest anything I'd really appreciate it,otherwise I'm gonna have to drop bank and have the tech come out .

Cheers !

CS-SignSupply

You have a Roland dealer within 20 miles of San Diego.

Did you get a quote for them to change the carriage cable, guides and board for you?

Did you buy the parts from this local dealer?

GB

You have a Roland dealer within 20 miles of San Diego.

Did you get a quote for them to change the carriage cable, guides and board for you?

Did you buy the parts from this local dealer?

I did ( in both instances ) , to be honest the cost to get them out was too high for us hence changing the parts ourselves.

GB

May be a silly question, but have you done the crop mark sensor adjustment and crop-cut adjustment?

I've ended up sucking it up and having the tech come out, will be here today.

I'll post the results hopefully someone may find them useful

GB

I've ended up sucking it up and having the tech come out, will be here today.

I'll post the results hopefully someone may find them useful

O.K so had the tech come out. There is some code, numbers or whatever he had to input so the new carriage board recognizes the correct shade of black of the registration marks.

Couldn't have done it without the codes and only the techs have access to them.

All good and I still saved some dough installing the cable & board myself.

34Ford

Couldn't have done it without the codes and only the techs have access to them.

So what did he do, make you turn your back while he did this secret procedure, or you have to sign a confidentiality agreement?

GB

So what did he do, make you turn your back while he did this secret procedure, or you have to sign a confidentiality agreement?

:smile: He hit the up,down,left,right arrows in a sequence a few times which got him in to some menu I'd never seen before then ran a test print in that menu while adjusting the turn dial on the right of the carriage board until the number he was looking for came up. Did this 3 / 4 times .

I wanted to watch so I could do it if needs be but he literally hit the buttons too fast for me to really see the sequence.

Believe the number he was looking for was 2.97 ...