• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP540i Black ink pulling out on white vinyl

Morph1

Print all
Hey all, still using my VP540 stallion lol , just recently noticed when I print solid black on white I get this ink pulling past the intended black printed objects , it almost looks like haze traces of black going past the black printed area , if I can describe is almost like light airbrushed lines , they are not consistent, printing on Arlon 6100 xlp automotive cast.
Can anyone relate to this ? any help would be appreciated.
Thx !

Morph1

Print all
Deflected nozzles?

Are you able to upload a nozzle test print?
here you go, they are a bit deflected , but they had always been for years... never had that happen to this extent...

Attachments

• 20210421_213814.jpg
    20210421_213814.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 108
  • 20210421_213738.jpg
    20210421_213738.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 111
Last edited:

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
You have major deflections on the K head and a few in the C head. Your print has more issues than just over spray. The striping alone would land that print in the dumpster in our shop.
I would try a head soak, then draw ink through the K head with a syringe, then run a medium clean. If the head looks the same after that then I would replace it.

When is the last time the cap tops, dampers, wipers were changed? If you put a head in it then change everything.

Morph1

Print all
You have major deflections on the K head and a few in the C head. Your print has more issues than just over spray. The striping alone would land that print in the dumpster in our shop.
I would try a head soak, then draw ink through the K head with a syringe, then run a medium clean. If the head looks the same after that then I would replace it.

When is the last time the cap tops, dampers, wipers were changed? If you put a head in it then change everything.
Agree with you, unfortunately that print had to do as it was a tight deadline and no time for reprint and offgassing... Never changed the dampers , never replaced the capping station caps, I got everything ready just waiting to find available tech that can change that head,
I can change it myself but alignment is something that I am not sure of.. I guess that is the only advantage for a DX5 head lol What about the hazing over spray ? any idea what is happening there? could that be a media static?

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Its the head deflections causing the over spray. Get a service manual and follow the instructions for replacing the head. If I remember correctly the K head is not adjustable and the other heads adjust to it (I could be mistaken). Be careful when pulling the dampers off the manifolds because they become brittle and the nipples can break off. If you dont feel good about doing it call a tech.