• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help VS-540i banding issue

JayDee

Hi, our VS540i is having banding issues.
Weird enough the banding only starts after approx. 10cm of printing. (the first 10cm are still perfect)
Already tried this without any result:
- print head cleaning
- print head soaking
- replace feed pinch rollers
- calibration
- change print temperature (both up and down)

Nozzle check keeps showing the same, that is stable.

big question to me is" why printing the first 10cm perfectly, after that banding appears.....

Attachments

• imgur.com-a-Jq06u2v.jpg
    imgur.com-a-Jq06u2v.jpg
    966.4 KB · Views: 163
  • intermitting-banding.jpg
    intermitting-banding.jpg
    785 KB · Views: 158
  • banding-after 10 cm.JPG
    banding-after 10 cm.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 147

Jaya kishore

Replace Dampers, capping station, wipers and Felt . Problem may be resolved.

Even though the same problem is occurs, perform the Head wash by using cleaning liquid cartridges.

Hope problem will be resolved

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
I prefer to try to determine which part may be bad before replacing everything at once, which can get expensive. Plus, if you change a bunch of stuff at once, you don't know what fixed it. Number one rule in troubleshooting, do 1 thing at a time, then test.

Since this looks like your magenta is dropping out, it is most likely dampers. To determine this, try this test. Create several large individual blocks of CMYK that are wide enough to fit your media and 24 inches in height. Send one of the color blocks and let it print until it has started to band quite a bit. Pause the printer for 1 minute and then start printing again. If the banding is gone , but starts up again after a bit, you have a supply issue and should change the offending damper. Do this with each color block to test all the dampers.

How old is the printer and when were the dampers last changed.

Print 12" squares and measure the width and height, if they're off you have an electrical problem on the motherboard/ feed motor skips steps. Another thing I'd do is print with 5 sec pause between strikes or at least try unidir to give time for the printhead to cool down, if that solves the problem your printhead may die soon.