• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS Series Roland Printer and software questions????

signdog

We are having our first ink jet printer being installed on Tuesday.
Since the our first computer (Sprint) till now we've been big Gerber users. Plotters, Edge, Router, etc. We are currently running Omega 2.6. We have always been very happy with it, but we are over due for an upgrade. Now with the Roland printer, we will probably use Illustrator (we have CS2) and Corel (we have 12).
Obviously we have tons of files we'll continue to use in Omega. I don't suppose the latest version of Omega supports Roland printers.
I would love to hear from anyone who has faced this issue, and how they deal with it.
I have a pretty basic working knowledge of Illustrator and Corel.
Any comments would be most welcome.

WCSign

I might not completely understand what youre asking, but roland printers come with Versaworks software, which can import eps, jpeg and pdfs amongst other files

mudmedia

We design in Illustrator and export as eps and print with versaworks..Seems to be good but we are switching to onyx to run our new epson gs6000 and our roland. You wont be using much of omega

signdog

Thanks folks. Yes, Omega exports to eps or pdf. I better understand now the procedure. The printer is being installed tomorrow. WhOOOOOOOO!

signdog

It's out of the box and making us money. Simple to run, awesome results. I'm loving it. Thanks for your comments folks. Has anyone out there figured out how to assign a colour to contour cuts in Omega directly?