Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VS Series Roland Printer and software questions????

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by signdog, Jul 22, 2012.

1. signdog

signdog Member

Feb 3, 2005
    We are having our first ink jet printer being installed on Tuesday.
    Since the our first computer (Sprint) till now we've been big Gerber users. Plotters, Edge, Router, etc. We are currently running Omega 2.6. We have always been very happy with it, but we are over due for an upgrade. Now with the Roland printer, we will probably use Illustrator (we have CS2) and Corel (we have 12).
    Obviously we have tons of files we'll continue to use in Omega. I don't suppose the latest version of Omega supports Roland printers.
    I would love to hear from anyone who has faced this issue, and how they deal with it.
    I have a pretty basic working knowledge of Illustrator and Corel.
    Any comments would be most welcome.

2. WCSign

WCSign Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Bay Area
    I might not completely understand what youre asking, but roland printers come with Versaworks software, which can import eps, jpeg and pdfs amongst other files

3. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    We design in Illustrator and export as eps and print with versaworks..Seems to be good but we are switching to onyx to run our new epson gs6000 and our roland. You wont be using much of omega

4. scuba_steve2699

scuba_steve2699 Member

Dec 11, 2006
    Can you export out of Omega in PDF or EPS? If you can then there should be no issues.

5. signdog

signdog Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Thanks folks. Yes, Omega exports to eps or pdf. I better understand now the procedure. The printer is being installed tomorrow. WhOOOOOOOO!

6. signdog

signdog Member

Feb 3, 2005
    It's out of the box and making us money. Simple to run, awesome results. I'm loving it. Thanks for your comments folks. Has anyone out there figured out how to assign a colour to contour cuts in Omega directly?