• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question VS VersaCamms > Eco-SOL MAX2 Upgrade

Fantazia

Hello all! It is more than one year when Roland announced to upgrade conversion to MAX2 inks for VersaCamms VS series. (Look here). Since then the only real upgrade was the White MAX2 ink.
VS Firmware & VersaWorks support MAX2 inks, but it is hard to find MAX2 media profiles.
Does enyone knows more about this?

(I am about to head wash my VS-640, install new printhead, and this is the best time to load MAX2 inks.)

Thank you.

woolly

As far as I am aware you should not put max 2 colours in the vs
They always said oh max 2 white was not compatible until for some reason max1 stopped being produced.. then all of a sudden it's fine to mix them
Since I upgraded ? To max 2 white basically nothing but trouble with the white. admitting when working well it is a lot better but the maintenance required to keep it printing is really to much.

Fantazia

Thank you for your response. I know that mixing white Max2 with Max ink makes problems especially on capping, but what can I do? My VS-640 is 6colors +W+MT now, but since I don't use metallic so often , I think (with new head and 4 dampers) I will go to 6colors = double white. So, double problem with double white inks??? Roland rules. Like the my other printer, SC-500 the first Roland's solvent printer. Started with SOL inks, then Eco-SOL and then Eco-SOL Max. Got all ink generations, and had to remove all and start from the beginning.

woolly

Having been through all 3 myself with my still fabulous sc540 pro2 each change was a leap forward wasn't it
Quite happy with the max ink for now can't see a real reason to change. Thought roland were pushing to go to max3 missing out max2. And as you say where are the profiles not convinced yet
Understand that you are in a good position to change so best of luck tuff choice.

timkaz227

I am getting ready to buy a used VS-540, from my authorized dealer. How is everyone doing with the inks now? Also, any recommendations on the ink configuration?. It is currently CMYK, MT/WH, but they said they could change that. I was going to go with CMYKmc/Double White