• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS300 Not recognising cartridge - SOLVED

SlikGRFX

Ok so today i removed the white and metallic cartridges to shake them as recommended. I put the white back in and the printer doesn't recognise the cartridge.

I looked down inside, pushed the flap down with a plastic ruler, and there is nothing physical obscuring the contacts for the cartrige chip.

I found an old empty white cartridge in the recycling, switched the chips and it still doesn't work. It's unlikely that both chips are faulty. Any ideas what the problem could be? Some kind of short circuit in the printer?

Any help would be much appreciated. As you know I can't circulate ink or run any jobs if an ink cartridge is 'missing'.

Thanks, Owen

LFC911

Try using an eraser or abrasive material to polish up the contacts on the chip and reinsert, if that doesn't work you may have damaged the IC board that recognizes the chip and sends the signal to the printer.

SlikGRFX

Thanks for the reply. I cleaned the chip as suggested and switched to another chip but there was no difference.

I have ordered a circuit board. Just need to figure out how to swap it out :)

Update - in the bottom of where the cartridge slots in there is a sensor that detects the cartridge. It is underneath a clear plastic cover. There is a small, clear rectangular piece of perspex about 1.5mm thick that pushes the sensor/button down.

The ink had softened the glue holding the rectangle in place and it had moved so it was no longer pushing the sensor/button down far enough. I removed it and glued it back in position and we are back in business.

Anyone with a similar problem should check this first.

Last edited: