• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Vs540i channel gap

Syn

I'm a total noob to the print world. I have a new to me vs540i that had a bad head. I bought a new head form digiprint- supplies and had it installed. Ran a test print and there's a significant gap between the light black and cyan. Trying to figure out why that's happening and how to fix it. It has new head, dampers, cap top. Thanks!!
20210312_184431.jpg

Val47

based on what you have said and shown... Manual head clean, and do a calibration test. Which head did you replace? hope it wasn't cyan.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
After changing the dampers and head, you should do one power clean and then one choke clean. This is the correct process after changing those two components. Did you do that?

Roper1967

I would do what Jim said . The reason is to flush and fill the head with ink. The heads are shipped with a fluid in them to keep them from drying up. It appears that there is insufficient ink in the cyan part of the head, or its a little clogged. A few cleanings and it should come clean. I would also clean or replace your scraper and wiper a lot of the time this is what causes deflections in the print head. I haven't worked with a DX6 head but if all the colors are in one head and the spacing is incorrect it will be a internal calibration.