• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vs640 problem over spray on image

span

Hi there hope some one can help we have a roland vs 640 and seem to be having some problems with the metalic silver when we print an image it kind of smears off the intended image almost like over spay and today it started doing it with the black but it seems to be a magenta over spay and allway seems to be to the left hand side of the image.i have calibrated and the test prints are ok as i print mx graphics they need to good and when printing a number board with black outer and white numbers we ended up with like a magenta over spay on the white number does any one know what might be causing this to happen.ive uploaded two jpgs so you can have a look

Attachments

• IMG_1213.jpg
    IMG_1213.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1143.jpg
    IMG_1143.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 181

span

yes nozzle test is perfect Ive done a calibration on the media I'm using and also a bi directional calibration as well.Ive been told that it could be static or the third party ink I'm using but don't no if it can be as Ive been using the ink for two years now with no problems.

kffernandez

that looks like an electrical problem to me. you could check the data cables starting from the head to the main board. check for ink drops, and corroded contacts. overspray caused by clogged nozzles / ink issues usually just surrounds the image you're printing. your overspray is all over the place.

kelly

rjssigns

Dusty encoder strip perhaps? Our SP will do that when the strip gets dusty. Depending on the amount of printing you've done the encoder strip could be going also.

span

thanks guys Ive tried all of the things you have said I'm going to some one to look at it

span

I have noticed magenta ink on the print bed and a mist on the media clamps after printing