• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vutek color swith

ssfirme

Is there a way to switch our 6 colors to just use 4 colors like cmyk heads? We dont want to use all 6 colors to print since some are not working at this moment,so is there a way that i can make the machine just use the regular 4 head to print, I dont want to use the light magenta or light cyan

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Our RIP allows us to change color sets (CMYKLcLm) for our HP. Maybe look for a similar option on yours?

ImagePress

Depending on the model, you might be able to just flip the switches on the pixel board to turn off the colors you don't want. You would have to do another profile though as the RIP will still think you are using 6 colors.

tbaker

Is it possible? Yes it is, why would you tho? Apart from the ink consumption there’s no upside to this, the printer won’t be any faster and print quality will suffer.

If you choose to do this, make sure you flush the jets with long term storage solution or you’ll be replacing jets when you decide to go back to 6c