• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Vutek GS-3250 ink dropout (starvation)

Ricardo Cobar

We recently changed inks from OEM to Triangle. Before they come to do the ink replacement we changed all main filters, vacuum hoses and whatever looks old and dirty to make sure the inks transition go smooth and with no problems.

They replaced our plastic containers with plastic bags inside a carton box, also eliminate the bleeders on all of the colors and after several purges they created new profiles to use with the new inks.

At this point everything was ok until we start running jobs. The colors at the beginning of the print where amazing, so bright, red was looking real red compared with the OEM ink, this ink have wider gamma. But at the middle start banding and at the end was horrible. Then we start our nightmare. Light magenta is the worse one, but also light black, cyan and magenta are suffering too. We call them and they blamed the dampers, we replaced the dampers and even we swapped printheads just in case. No change.

To have a decent print we have to slow down, high smooth, unidirectional and even on that way the banding appear on the dark or high color saturated areas. If we stop and print a jet test the test do not show missing nozzles. Also, we experiencing errors for secundary ink tank level too high and the printer stops to empty the pack. This happen in different colors and not following any pattern, just happen.

I tried several things from replacing parts, adjusting vacuum level, but nothing works. I'm not sure if the change from plastic containers with the bleeders to a bags with no bleeders or the new ink density are causing the problem, but if anybody have an input can be appreciated.

tbaker

I used triangle inks for years and found them extremely reliable. That being said, having worked with vutek for years, I can tell you first hand they don’t care for aftermarket inks. I’ve performed ink conversions on multiple printers to bring them back in line.

From temperature to negative pressure to individual jet voltages it’s a very specific equation. The money you save in ink savings is going to be eaten up by equipment downtime and repairs.

Typically when a company completes an ink conversion, all parts in the delivery path are covered, from pumps to jets and everything in between. I’d lean on them for more service

DougWestwood

My VUTEK experience is a big bad joke. Most unreliable machine I have ever used. Repair dude once a week. Thousands of $$$ of material wasted, as it would mess up mid-way through 3-hour prints. Garage door stop.