• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vutek problems

Montrealer

Senior Operator
Hi guys,

Got alot problems with a Pressvu 200/600 : I post 2 image of what happen exactly, it happen time to time in the past but since we change the board recently i have this error again and again, the machine print than suddendly the carriage stop when the machine was running..than i have those errors. (See pictures)

The other vutek we have a QS3200, had pop up same message error but so far its not causing too much problem.. Print at line failure..

I was just wondering if u guys had any idea of what the cause could be??I begin to believe that we both using 3 in 1 oil grease, and that bottle the oil seem more liquid..normally the viscosity is more deep,,,anyway The technician on phone tell me to clean the encoder, grease well both bar etc etc...I do my routine maintenance for 2 years now i know how to do it...the problem is deeper than just clean an encoder...That left limit switch message appear on both vutek we have....thats a pain in the ***...really..

Grrr!!

thank you, and sorry for bad language its so frustrating...

Attachments

• 999260342_IMG_0192_122_370lo.jpg
    999260342_IMG_0192_122_370lo.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,493
  • 999265486_IMG_0191_122_137lo.jpg
    999265486_IMG_0191_122_137lo.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,205
Last edited by a moderator:

Aqua5

I've had similar limit switch errors. Open the cover and make sure the carriage is not touching the limit switch. If it is, physically push the carrriage away from it so it's not touching. Power down then cut the main breaker so there is absolutely no power whatsoever. After about 30 sec. flip the main breaker and power it back up. Hopefully you won't get that error again. Then open the rear cabinet and make sure your X and Y boxes have the red line spinning in a circle. Also check all the switches to make sure they are lit up. If your Vutek is similar to the QS2000, there should be a main power supply box, and next to that a vertical strip with 3 green lights lit up. Then next to that are 2 fuses, grey in color and may say Allen Bradley on them. One of those runs your carriage and the other I believe is vac. If you still have the error, turn off the machine and cut the power. Remove both fuses and try and re-seat them. You can also try and swap them for each other. Power it back up and see what happens. Your step may be off of set at 0. I hope you remember what the setting was because you may have to put that back in again.

Wintersun

We had this problem, an no amount of recalibrating the encoder strip worked, it turned out to be the hard drive that needed defragging in the vutek.
It was heavily fragmented and was creating a system delay to the encoder strip as the system was trying to fetch data but was scouring all over the hard disk to retrieve it, this resulting in timing errors and failed prints.
Defragged the hard drive and it sorted the problem, also added a seconndary hard drive separate from the system drive to help, which has helped.

Montrealer

Senior Operator
Thanks guys for taking the time to respond, Bigcat i didnt find the place where the fuses was, im gonna take picture in the main power supply box, hope you can help me on that 1, i would like try it.

Wintersun, thanks your your excellent advice, im gonna make few test in the days to come and im gonna give you news, im almost obscess with that damn error...Grrrr!

PosterGarden

Defrag on Vutek

We had this problem, an no amount of recalibrating the encoder strip worked, it turned out to be the hard drive that needed defragging in the vutek.
It was heavily fragmented and was creating a system delay to the encoder strip as the system was trying to fetch data but was scouring all over the hard disk to retrieve it, this resulting in timing errors and failed prints.
Defragged the hard drive and it sorted the problem, also added a seconndary hard drive separate from the system drive to help, which has helped.

How do you defrag the Vutek QS 2000? I do not see a Defrag program with in the Vutek.

gregwallace

Great pdf. First off does the machine print consistently when not set to print on center? We never use center as it just makes things more complicated. Its my understanding that center prints the file in the center of whatever the media size is set to and not on the center of the sheet. Do your fence parameters change and the machine prints way off or is it inconsistent with the same parameters? If you printed the same file say ten times would it print the file in the same place each time? As for print line complete errors, you wont like my answer but it has taken care of ours completely. We use to get print line complete errors probably 3-5 times a week printing at maybe 20 hours a week. We stopped running the machine with vertical duplications and also we run bidirectional only now. I know it doesnt make much sense but it works and its been months since our last problem. We had a corrupt hardrive once. The software wouldnt work at all. I'm actually not sure on how to defrag.

PosterGarden

Great pdf. First off does the machine print consistently when not set to print on center? We never use center as it just makes things more complicated. Its my understanding that center prints the file in the center of whatever the media size is set to and not on the center of the sheet. Do your fence parameters change and the machine prints way off or is it inconsistent with the same parameters? If you printed the same file say ten times would it print the file in the same place each time? As for print line complete errors, you wont like my answer but it has taken care of ours completely. We use to get print line complete errors probably 3-5 times a week printing at maybe 20 hours a week. We stopped running the machine with vertical duplications and also we run bidirectional only now. I know it doesnt make much sense but it works and its been months since our last problem. We had a corrupt hardrive once. The software wouldnt work at all. I'm actually not sure on how to defrag.

Thank you Greg,

The media is set as we do the same width 41" media most of the time, yes, we have it set to Center giving us about 3" on either side. so yes, inconsistent with the same parameters. It moves all over like seen in the PDF. Print one, fine, send next job we get it going off the media, or print line errors, generally we just re home the head, and it will work for one job. If for example we queue 3 jobs it will print the 3 okay, the next set would be off in either direction at random.

The print line errors are happening more often, several times a day. we run two shifts here.. so it's getting frustrating.
I had read that the error is due to the hard drive needing defraged, but I don't see any way to do that with the Vutek software, or I'm just not seeing it.

Again that you for any help you can give.

gregwallace

Just curious what material are you printing on? If there was something wrong with the encoder or encoder strip the machine would be off in the same way every time or the print files would be jumbled up. Are you setting the fence offset on the (ummm) black screen side? scoll lock, scroll lock, (up) arrow I was told to always set the parameters from that side. How long has it been doing this? I dont know how to defrag but I do know how to stop print line complete errors. What print settings do you usually use?

PosterGarden

Still with trouble

Just curious what material are you printing on? If there was something wrong with the encoder or encoder strip the machine would be off in the same way every time or the print files would be jumbled up. Are you setting the fence offset on the (ummm) black screen side? scoll lock, scroll lock, (up) arrow I was told to always set the parameters from that side. How long has it been doing this? I dont know how to defrag but I do know how to stop print line complete errors. What print settings do you usually use?

We are using a 7mil thick Polyester film.

We clean the encoder everyday. We've even pulled the encoder reader and cleaned that one too. It worked for a bit on Friday, after replacing the SCSI card, and both hard drives with 15.5K RPM 330Gig drives and a clean install. However today all we get it the “Print Line Complete Error” all morning.

gregwallace

Yeah I forgot to mention while we havent defragged our hard drive we have replaced it and it didnt seem to help with the print line complete errors. For us, running the machine on bidirectional solved the problem entirely. Is your machine running on unidirectional or bidirectional?

PosterGarden

Yeah I forgot to mention while we havent defragged our hard drive we have replaced it and it didnt seem to help with the print line complete errors. For us, running the machine on bidirectional solved the problem entirely. Is your machine running on unidirectional or bidirectional?

We run BiDirectional print mode. When the print line error happens, it will make one pass then stall out.. 356X1080 dpi

The Fence error is still with us.. :banghead:

gregwallace

Oh hmm. We use to think running verticle duplications caused the error as well. But that was before we figured out that unidirectional caused it for us. And you have to run verticle duplications because of your fence issue right? Have you tried calling prime printer services yet. We use them and they're very knowledgeable about these machines. I'm not going to be much help at this point.

Montrealer

Senior Operator
The good news for me, im not operated a Vutek anymore!!! Yeah! But just for your info, i made extensive research about this problem...Vutek technicians know all about this, but they act like its new to them, finally i think i got an answer.

The print line error, its related to the communication between the encoder and the carriage. By defaut you had a specific time allowed to transfer the data during the printing process. When for some reasons, the data delay expired , the machine become blind an pop up that error...

It could be the hard disks, but its probably the carriage motor...That thing cost 5000$...I dont know for the GS but the QS and pressvu models are affected by that. It seem that this motor after a while, dont follow the data encoder informations in the time allowed during the printing process...
We had solve the problems temporary by extending the amount of time in the data.log file. But eventually that will popup again...
the timeout message its related to that.

the best solution its change the carriage motor, if you had alrdy change the hard disk...

A+

steveo251

Vutek QS3200 User Manual?

Hello all, we've had the QS3200 in our shop now for about a year and a half... funny thing is the operator came to me just the other day and asked, "Where is the Users Manual?".
Turns out the only manual we have is the service manual which regularly makes reference to the users manual.

I've spent a couple days now trying to locate a users manual.

Anybody have a suggestion on where I could get one?

Thanks!
Steve

Andrii

Hi,Steve!
maybe you are looking for it
?

Attachments

• OMM_QS2000-3200_ALL_Users_Guide.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 1,240
  • OMM-00038_Basic_Operators_Guide_F.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 2,068