• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vutek QS2000

BALLPARK

Hello All...

I recently purchased a Vutek QS2000 and waiting for tech's to install the printer.

I am using Caldera V10 for the RIP software and new to it as well. Turns out that Caldera does not have Vutek profiles for download. I will have an X-Rite system once the printer is installed to help dial in the printer profiles. I've never used one before and hoping to get some help with some profiles from current Vutek QS series owners as I learn to create my own profiles.

Can anyone help me out with any profiles for the following media types to use with Caldera V10?

Banner - 13 oz - Scrim
Banner - 18 oz - Double Sided - Scrim
Banner - 10 oz - Mesh
Banner - Curl Free - Pop-UP or Zeelon

Coroplast

Foamboard

PVC

Aluminum Composite Material (ACM)

Phototex - OPAS or Standard

GlassAdhere

Backlit Films

Static Clings

Calendared Vinyl - 3M or Oracal or Avery or Mactac

Cast Vinyl - 3M IJ180-CV3-10 & Avery EZ RS 1005 Supercast

Poster - Gloss or Matte

Thanks for your help and any thoughts that you may have to help with this process!!! :toasting:

Correct Color

Ballpark,

If I might suggest:

If you're new to the RIP, and to the printer, and you're going to try to cobble together profiles and profile-making techniques from here there and the other place...

You'll wind up spending a lot of time which you could better spend doing other things, and in the end, you'll really never know just how good your profiles are, and since profiles in this business are everything, how good your final products are.

On the other hand, I can make all of those profiles for you. Custom made in your environment to get every bit of capability out of your machine on every media at every resolution. It will print as well as it can possibly print. First print. Every media. Every time.

You won't need to do any "dailing in" once I'm done.

I'm also a Caldera dealer, so I'm certainly familiar with the RIP. I can set it up, set up your printer, and give you whatever training you need to feel comfortable.

Also I'll set up your color workflow, profile your monitors, and then you get free lifetime tech support for everything I've done from me.

It's a total package I call "Color By Correct Color" and it's what every single client gets.

Probably take two or three days given what you've outlined here, and I guarantee it's the best money you'll ever spend.

BALLPARK

Ballpark,

If I might suggest:

If you're new to the RIP, and to the printer, and you're going to try to cobble together profiles and profile-making techniques from here there and the other place...

You'll wind up spending a lot of time which you could better spend doing other things, and in the end, you'll really never know just how good your profiles are, and since profiles in this business are everything, how good your final products are.

On the other hand, I can make all of those profiles for you. Custom made in your environment to get every bit of capability out of your machine on every media at every resolution. It will print as well as it can possibly print. First print. Every media. Every time.

You won't need to do any "dailing in" once I'm done.

I'm also a Caldera dealer, so I'm certainly familiar with the RIP. I can set it up, set up your printer, and give you whatever training you need to feel comfortable.

Also I'll set up your color workflow, profile your monitors, and then you get free lifetime tech support for everything I've done from me.

It's a total package I call "Color By Correct Color" and it's what every single client gets.

Probably take two or three days given what you've outlined here, and I guarantee it's the best money you'll ever spend.

We are located in Radford, Virginia. Please PM your rates for training on Caldera and creating the profiles for the Vutek.

Thanks.