• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vutek RFID problems and bypasses

Wintersun

Is there a way of bypassing the ink RFID's on the vutek PV200 ?
Ive heard you can trick the Vutek Bios dates to stop the expiry date problem from happening.
but ive heard also that this can stop the USB dongle working.
Any help on this ould be appreciated, as this is causing my company a lot of headaches, printer downtime and a fortune in unused inks.
Especially when some of the RFID chips have failed rendering some of the ink bags useless..

Molenbeek

If you use the Triangle inks, they have a solution for you. let me know if I can help

Matt
Advantage Sign Supply
877-237-4464 *1590

artbot

montrealer is a 200/600 expert. a while back he offered this response to a similar thread. it might not be perfect. but evidently, he's got it working. what is odd is all the "solutions" to rfid's that companies offer. my bet is that either a tech does it but does not explain or a firmware add-on does some of the things but as a set of actions? who knows. chips and rfid are the devil.

My english is not that good but i think i can help you on your 2 questions. First im using a Pressvu 200/600 with other inks than Vutek. Im using old couplings/tubes from Vutek inks. If you dont want any Mux Board communication error and Ink has expired message, its to set a virtually false date into the bios of the Vutek and on the PC windows user interface. Uncheck the option Synchronise automatically time date into the PC, and change the date for a date that fit with your old couplings expiration date. In the windows user interface, into the clock tab in the task bar (if you dont, every time you gonna reboot the current date will overwrite your previous change).than u reboot the PC and u go in the bios, change date than F10. Than you can use same Couplings tube for a long time....u just reset back the time by fool the bios of the vutek and the PC user (PV200). Only probs after a while the cab become jam with old ink and it pop up an error message : c1-c6 fill error...just clean the couplings main hole with solvant and the message will dissapear.

2nd if you want close your lamps , example u had maintenance to do and u have to reboot often and you dont want your lamp on, for the time being. In the back of the Vutek open the door of the CPU main box....You gonna see 5 swicht Servo-CPU-Right Lamp-Left Lamp etc....turn off the 2 lamps orange button to off and thats it....

Hope it help you.

Wintersun

Hi, im based in Manchester England UK, so we only use the Vutek inks from an official distrib.
But the expiry dates on the chips are driving us bananas, also do these chips max out ? or have some kind of limit to the amount of ink that can pass through them ?
Might sound like stupid questions to those in the know, but this really is a grey area for me, and i need some help.

Wintersun

thanks artbot, i saw that message on the board previously and thats why i wanted to know if it rendered peoples usb dongle useless etc..
like you say RFID are the devil, its an incredibly unreliable system and a complete rip off.

Wintersun

hi matt, can you give me more information about triangle inks for the pv200.
we have managed to roll back the dates on the printer but we get exceeded maximum amount of picolitres on some of the ink boxes, so using the same old tubes from the current ink boxes is not a long term solution.
if you can email me with costs for inks etc.. that would be great

chris@dpi.uk.com