• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

^&%w%^***%$#&! Please help! Xc540

Desert_Signs

I thought it would be good idea to upgrade the firmware on an XC540 I just picked up. It has a bulk ink system.

Apparently that was a bad idea as now it says it has no carts. WTF do I do? DA&&&*T

Biker Scout

Yeah, if your stuff is working, never upgrade the firmware. I've been in your shoes more times than I can count.

Is there a way to reflash the ePROMs to the original settings?

Desert_Signs

I don't know. I'm not much of a computer guy when it comes to stuff like that. I can find the same firmware it had, but when I try to install it says "you already have newer firmware, no upgrade necessary".

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Biker Scout

There is a special hidden techy menu you can access by hold some combination of buttons. I hope someone chimes in on the sequence. Because all I can think of is [UP | DOWN | UP | DOWN | LEFT | RIGHT | LEFT | RIGHT | A | B | SELECT | START]

Desert_Signs

There is a special hidden techy menu you can access by hold some combination of buttons. I hope someone chimes in on the sequence. Because all I can think of is [UP | DOWN | UP | DOWN | LEFT | RIGHT | LEFT | RIGHT | A | B | SELECT | START]

Yeah, I can get into service mode. I just don't know what to do from there. I've contacted Roland (they're useless so far) and now I'm waiting to hear back from Triangle.

shoresigns

You must not be much of a cheater. That's not even close.

Desert_Signs

Well, Triangle is sending me some new chips to try on the dummy carts. I have a tech that said he would come help me try to figure it out either tomorrow evening or Saturday.

What I need to have happen is to 'reset' the mainboard so there is no firmware in the flash memory. Then I can install the correct firmware. The problem is, I don't know how (or if it's even possible) to do so. Roland is less than helpful. I mean, I guess I understand. I didn't buy the machine from them and I don't buy their inks. They told me "We don't want to accept the liability for telling you how to fix it." WTF does that even mean. LOL. Right now it's a pile of parts. How much worse could I make it?

I guess, if the chips don't work and we can't figure out how to flash the right firmware, I have 2 options.

#1. New mainboard without firmware (if I can get it).

#2. Toss out 30 liters of bulk ink and revert the machine to use standard Roland carts.

Dammit. I'm such a moron. :banghead:

techsign33

Try turn off printer pull all cartridge then turn on again wait until booting end when printer asking about cartridge set one by one .

Robert M

Chips

Chips off a current empty roland cartridge should work on the dummy carts. Roland never used to kill chips the way a Mimaki would, unless the new firmware is doing it. I know a tech in your area, pm me for a number

Desert_Signs

I received the Triangle chips today.

They worked! I back up and running! We'll see if they "reset" when they're supposed to be empty. But for now, I'm in good shape!