• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wacom plus Photoshop fun

JoshLoring

Here's a little something I did a while back for a client in photoshop with my Wacom, CS5 and the all new pressure sensitive mixer brushes.. The sky is the limit. I had never used the mixer brushes before this project but now I can't stay away from them. Started with several pencil sketches until the client was satisfied and then moved onto the digital portion. Lots and lots of digital painting and then Mixer Brush to blend in smooth. Most of the brushes used I created myself in PS. This is where I have to leave my favorite Illustrator behind and let Photoshop take over. RASTER ROCKS!

attachment.php

After the artwork was created- We incorporated it into a vehicle wrap where I made a fitting background and a couple simple lines of text on the sides with some services on the rear.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• TheaterGod.jpg
    TheaterGod.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 218
  • TheaterGod2.jpg
    TheaterGod2.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 188
  • TheaterGod4.jpg
    TheaterGod4.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 178
  • TheaterGod5.jpg
    TheaterGod5.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 170
  • TheaterGod6.jpg
    TheaterGod6.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 187

Baz

That looks really cool and dare i say ... ORIGINAL!

Bravo :clapping:

I have a tablet but i only use it for point edditing. I find it very akward to draw with it. I havent practiced much with it tough to be honest.

SignManiac

Artwork turned out great! How long did it take for you to adapt to a tablet? I bought the Wacom Intuos 4 and can not seem to get a feel for it. I'm tempted to give up and go for the new cintique. I'm can't adapt to having my eyes on the monitor and not seeing my hands at the same time.

Anyway, nice job on the van. Shows real artistic ability.

WildWestDesigns

Artwork turned out great! How long did it take for you to adapt to a tablet? I bought the Wacom Intuos 4 and can not seem to get a feel for it. I'm tempted to give up and go for the new cintique. I'm can't adapt to having my eyes on the monitor and not seeing my hands at the same time.

Anyway, nice job on the van. Shows real artistic ability.

Cintiq is the way to go. I have had the Intuos 3 and 4 and the 21UX. I still use the 3 for when I'm on the road or on the production laptop, but by far the best one is the Cintiq.

Attachments

• Office.jpg
    Office.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 175

JoshLoring

Thanks guys.

I prefer a table tablet and yes- it takes some getting used to but no different then using a mouse.

There is about 18 hours of art in the project as a whole. 25 if you count the countless pencil revisions!

JoshLoring

-Love the mixer brushes!! They work awesome if you have a pressure and angle sensitive tablet pen.

-I haven't entered anything yet! Just found out about it. Just need to pick some cool stuff.