• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wait WHAT

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I could have sworn that you could tile, print and contour cut an image that's, say, 80" wide (on to 54" material). I sent my print, tiled in half, then loaded on the plotter, only to find that my contour cut file did NOT split in half like my print. I swear I have done this before. What am I missing? Or is this not possible?

eahicks

If I'm under standing correctly, I think you need to make checked "Cut Page Crossings."
That changes nothing. I tried that. So when I view the actual cut it's going to make, it's a truncated section of the entire cut path....and I can't see the reg marks at either end. I don't get it. I KNOW I have contoured larger graphics in tiles before. Maybe this is a huge bug no one has discovered in the newest build? I'm on Flexi 12, build 2898.

bannertime

I'm not sure. To be honest, the few times I've done contour cut panels I've either hand cut the gap or pre-tiled the file in Flexi or Illustrator.
Ah, I'm surprised you can even use it. We're on Windows 7 and would not use 2898. PM kept crashing.

eahicks

I'm not sure. To be honest, the few times I've done contour cut panels I've either hand cut the gap or pre-tiled the file in Flexi or Illustrator.
Ah, I'm surprised you can even use it. We're on Windows 7 and would not use 2898. PM kept crashing.
Well that's an entire other issue, PM constantly shutting down, even MID PRINT. I think tomorrow I will be reverting to the last version, if I can.

bannertime

Well that's an entire other issue, PM constantly shutting down, even MID PRINT. I think tomorrow I will be reverting to the last version, if I can.
You can, email SAI and they'll ask you to help them diagnose the issue. Probably go ahead and send the crash logs (should be somewhere here, C:/Program Files (X86)/Sai/Sai Production Suite Cloud ‘X’/Jobs and Settings/Logs) and tell them you need a link to download SP4.

Evan Gillette

We haven't had any PM issues with the new build, but we are running Windows 10. As for tiling a contour cut, as mentioned above I have always paneled manually in flexi before sending. Let us know if you figure it out!

eahicks

We haven't had any PM issues with the new build, but we are running Windows 10. As for tiling a contour cut, as mentioned above I have always paneled manually in flexi before sending. Let us know if you figure it out!
Ours is on Win 10 as well. Daily random shutdowns of PM. I've even noticed if I send a print, and have to stop it for some reason on the printer, that will shut down PM. I've never seen that happen with any previous version.

Evan Gillette

Ours is on Win 10 as well. Daily random shutdowns of PM. I've even noticed if I send a print, and have to stop it for some reason on the printer, that will shut down PM. I've never seen that happen with any previous version.
Wow that sounds awful! Good luck getting it sorted.