• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wall Mural Needed

toucan_graphics

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread, but I have a customer who needs a wall mural printed. He wants the least expensive option as his budget is "under $250"

Basically he wants it printed on basic paper that he can glue to a wall himself. I don't print in-house and all my vendors only print on vinyl and rigid substrates or high-quality poster paper - none print on cheap white paper.

Does anyone know where I can get a print on cheap standard paper?
Over all size is 7' tall by 19' wide..... (most likely tiled in two sections)

Thanks in advance

Joe House

Jason, he basically doesn't have the budget for a 133 sq ft print. I don't see where there's any room for any profit, especially if you're going to wholesale out the job. Most large format printers won't print on plain paper because the ink will bleed, so they need a coated paper.
Then, how will he glue it up? Wall paper paste will soak into a plain paper and he's wasted his whole budget.
I would suggest a couple of alternatives for him - one that meets his budget (a large banner?) and one that meets his goal of a wall mural (that you'd be willing to put your name to).

Johnny Best

You can buy this paper in bulk at box stores, just don't get it wet.

Attachments

• paper.jpg
    paper.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 207

Grafix

Cheapest wallpaper I use is the HP Prepasted PVC Free paper. Not sure the price in US but its pretty cheap here in NZ. However, that wall size! Not sure you would make any money.

WrapYourCar

$250.. guess what you just wasted your time and our time with this thread that probably equates to about $500 worth of wasted time. Thank your cheapskate client for us :)

M'Lord Oh

Wall murals are something I do.

Seriously? UNDER $250? He doesn't have the budget to START to buy paint materials.

In total honesty, he doesn't have a budget and there is not an option on 133 sq. ft. to fit his wallet.

How do you estimate for painting jobs? My shop is finally starting to accept mural and painted text jobs for the first time. We're working on a project where we paint 24" letters and then fade it to look like it was made in the 1910s. I'm thinking to use a pounce pattern.

Any help/ideas for pricing would be really appreciated.