• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Wall wraps and VOC Free paints

jmitchell954

Looking for some feedback on vinyl adhesive and combating the VOC Free paint issues. What is the general consensus on what material gives the best results. We had a customer that was moving into a new location in Texas. They requested several wall murals and asked what paint would give the best results. We highly recommended not using a VOC free paint and we all know how that ended. We are headed back down next month to reinstall all the wall murals anyone want to throw their hat in and recommend a material? This has the potential to be a huge account. We are covering the cost of materials and they have offered to cover the travel expense.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
You can use a pasted solution, apply the paste to the wall then use my unpasted wallpaper fabric. Super easy to work with also.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't get it. The quest of the "green movement" is to basically rid the world of problem elements which aren't really for sure, even there, but yet, they let them put some of the most gross things in our food, medicines, vaccines, cooking ware, and clothing..... not to mention, the containers we use and so many other things. Why do they start and stop with paint ??

Ya know, while there are no organic compounds in the paint, there are still other harmful chemicals in it. So, what's the sense ?? Unless you are using straight white, be careful you still meet the mark.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
We use a lot of 3M IJ180 with lam. (or like cast material). I've also seen an increase the use of cast products for the wall murals that we are providing the installation labor.

Im my opinion and experience, the cast materials work better on low VOC paints. Do the proper steps and it all starts with an adhesion test!