• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WANTED: Roland VP 540i MAIN BOARD

player

Does anyone have functioning VP 540i mainboard for sale or know where I can get one?

Can I buy these from China?

Thanks

InkjetAuction

You have to be careful about purchasing those not new and OEM. I have seen them sold as "working" but end up having the "intermittent network connectivity" problem that seems to be plaguing the older VPs and VPi machines.

I'd buy it OEM. I'm sure that you'll be able to find a dealer that will sell you one. It's about $2k new. Unless a current certified tech installs it, you won't get a warranty with it (90 days on parts).
You might be able to find a parts machine... but then again, it's a crap shoot.

~E

player

Thanks. I think if I am going to pay those prices I will get one either from Digi-print or my dealer. Digi-print is about $1,760 plus $50-$75 shipping. It is a Roland unit and will have some warranty. I have not yet got the price from my dealer but I suspect it will be about $500 more. When he installs it I get 90 days warranty. 90 days big f**king whup. My tech is looking for a used one. He has 2 but they are DOA. He said he has to find one that has been left to dry out and it can be gutted for parts. Even then there is no guarantee it will work, and all the travel time (10 hrs) and the work on the unit (2-4? hrs) will be wasted.

I have looked at Mac Media to repair it but it seems iffy and they don't seem to have a phone number. I bet it is something really easy to fix too. Just a bad component or two.