• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Warning – Windows 8 and Omega outputting to Edge I/II via USB

Tony Teveris

In our early testing of this setup we have seen problems (Data Error 3) in attempting to output to either an Edge I or Edge II. Omega itself operates fine and the only problem is outputting.

Not sure when we will address this so heed the warning at this time.

There are times when it works, then times when it does not. We are also NOT testing any versions prior to Omega 5.0.

There seems to be NO cutting problem via the USB to Serial cable output.

GB2

Old Member
Tony, I don't know if I'm not reading something correctly but I'm a little confused...you say:

Warning – Windows 8 and Omega outputting to Edge I/II via USB

but then you say:

There seems to be NO cutting problem via the USB to Serial cable output.

This seems contradictory to me, there is a problem outputting to USB but then there is no problem outputting to USB. Could you please clarify. Thanks!

Tony Teveris

Correct, I'm looking into it on "my time".

It seems that if you save as a spool file and then print the spool file all is ok.

Ditchmiester

Okay sounds good to me. Thinking about making the switch. Just wanted to make sure it would work fine before I made the switch.