• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Warping of material - but only half of it?

Micheal

Has anyone run into this issue:

When printing, half of my print has no bowing (front of the print) but when I come to the end the bowing starts and sometimes only in the middle the bar code doesn't compensate for it because the beginning of the print isn't bowing.

Ive been using DRYTAC polymeric and IJ35 getting bad results - just ordered orajet 3651 but man this bowing is killing me I cant print any decals that my rolland did this printer is literally killing my business.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Give it lotsa slack. You didn't state the size of this print, but it sounds like you're creating too much tension.

Take up real or no take up? Possible the pinch rollers and drive roller might be worn more towards the outside of the rolls or have some build up on them that could slowly be causing the outsides to advance slightly different then the inside and is causing your bowing. Maybe you could move some of the pinch rollers around? Just some thoughts. We had bowing on our L25500 and never found a culprit, bought a new machine, Never tried replacing the pinch rollers. Our new machine requires pinch rollers every couple years with the amount of reflective we put through the machine.

Micheal

The print is 4 ft or less, no take u reel and the printer is brand new so nothing should need to be replaced