• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wasatch RIP and Mutoh/Signwarehouse PrismJet

glemmestad

Hi,

Anyone tried to run the PrismJet 1204 (from Signwarehouse) with Wasatch RIP?

Wasatch says on their website that they support the ValueJet 1204 just fine, but in another thread on this forum I saw someone mentioning that the printer from SignWarehouse runs a unique firmware.

My guess is that it should work, seeing as instructions back and forth should be the same.

We are 1 day away from buying the PrismJet 1204 from SignWarehouse, and we need to run Wasatch RIP due to the production equipment it has to link into.

Alternative would be a Roland VP 300 which in my mind is just overpriced for the capacity (we are going to be using a separate Tangential cutter anyway).

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Even Glemmestad

rcboats1

I dont know about the PrismJet, but I use Wasatch all day with my Value Jet. Just buy the VJ from them instead of the PrismJet.

randya

You wont have any problems, you will just not be able to print in Banner 2 mode or banner 4 mode bi-directional (it will print these resolutions in uni-directional mode only).

Everything else is a ValueJet, including profiles.

Wasatch has been at Mutoh all this week checking drivers and making profiles for some other ValueJets.

Last edited: