• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Watch out!

kylebrk

Im sure someone will move this post or remove it all together.

However, for the four of you that might read it before it goes down, watch out!

I just tried to buy a XC-540 from Nazdar Source One. I started this process the first week of January. I was talking to Annette Wilfong and everything was peachy. After a week of getting financing put together and making the decision, she waited until my financier had the money put in their account before informing me that Roland cut supply and wouldnt have any until mid February.

Obviously this was unacceptable. Why it took her two weeks to finally make a phone call is beyond me. They then inform me that they had a demo unit for sale. However, for some unknown reason they would be able to get it out to me until about the same time as a new one. DO THESE PEOPLE WANT MY MONEY OR NOT?

It gets even better, they wont give us the money back. They finally just told us yesterday that they "HAVE" to hold transfers for 6 business days. Wether or not that's accurate, they held $30k for 6 days without telling us why or when we would get it back.

Meanwhile I've been kicking and screaming trying to get a machine in my building. I get everything moving just to have my financier tell me hes not cutting another check until he gets the original money back. I dont blame him but it once again means Nazdar is screwing me out of a machine.

This type of service is complete crap. I dont get angry about much, but this has me boiling. I'll NEVER use them again. Even if they were the only people to have a certain product Id turn a customer away rather than consciously give them money ever again.

If ran business like this, I wouldnt run it for long.

There are plenty of good roland dealers out there, stay away from this one. HORRID customer service.

Techman

thank you for another affirmation of:

getting all the facts and a confirmed delivery date before giving up the money.

I got this very same crap years ago.

JoshLoring

Coloradosigns said:
30k for a 54-60" printer in 2011 is absurd.

You could buy 2 latex's for that price

But... My XC-540 can outrun 3 latexs and still have enough time to off gas.

Diamonicus

Not to defend the business practices of that supplier, they were correct that Roland was out of stock on several of their 54" machines. I was about to get one From either S&F or Beacon graphics, and both sales people informed me that the inventory from Roland was out and wouldn't be available till first week in February. So at least that part wasn't made up.
we decided to go with the 64" instead.

JoshLoring

Coloradosigns said:
Not joking.. that is impressive.. hot damn

The XC is fast for the 30k range. The above is at an excellent zero banding speed too. I can high speed a 4x20' banner in 6-7 mins with no banding

Letterbox Mike

Sorry for your troubles, we've been there with equipment purchases before (a couple times actually). We finally learned that we will NOT release funds to the vendor until we have confirmation that they have the machine in stock and ready to deliver. Vendors don't like that, they want the money right now and they'll get you the equipment when they can, but refusing to pay until you've got a guaranteed delivery day (verified preferably by you showing up at their warehouse to see the crate with your own eyes) is about the only way to get the machine in a timely manner.

I've seen it happen so much that any more I try not to make an equipment purchase unless I know it's in stock and deliverable at one of the dealer's warehouses, unless upfront they quote a certain lead time to get it in. Never trust a dealer when they say "we can get you one out in a few days" (that's salesman talk for "let's close the deal and iron out the details later"). Only trust them when they say "We have 4 in the warehouse right now, we can put a hold on one today".

kylebrk

I thought you were going with a Mutoh then decided on latex Latex?

Yeah. I was planning on it. Then I started talking to Big Fish and he blew me away. I was going to buy my Mutoh from fellers. Actually, I was going to update everything, printer, laminator, and cutter.

On a Friday they gave me the same song and dance, give me money give me money give me money. On Monday, I couldnt get anyone to answer a phone or return an email. So I said screw it and decided to quit shopping and go with Josh who answered all 35 of my email and my phone calls.

You want to talk about customer service, Josh has been outstanding. I just cant wait to get that freaking printer.

DRamm76

TyrrellTech ran into the same issue with the XC-540 in December as well. We have one in our showroom in MD and one in the showroom in NJ but that would only have helped in the event someone wanted a demo unit.

However, on the other side of the coin, our Roland Rep ALWAYS keeps us informed of what's in stock, what's not in stock and what they are running low on. They tell us, the same thing I tell my customers.."Look it's available now. put a deposit down, an we will order it now. that way you are guaranteed one" If you had a deposit down there is no reason why they shouldn't have ordered it and/or told you it wasn't available.

Same thing goes with our refurbs. Had an XC-540 with 14 hours of printing time. Told customers it was selling for $22,495. They wasted time and didnt put a deposit down and in the end it's my fault when someone else buys it.

But yea thats a crappy situation. Sorry to hear that

pwalsh

Im sure someone will move this post or remove it all together.

However, for the four of you that might read it before it goes down, watch out!

I just tried to buy a XC-540 from Nazdar Source One. I started this process the first week of January. I was talking to Annette Wilfong and everything was peachy. After a week of getting financing put together and making the decision, she waited until my financier had the money put in their account before informing me that Roland cut supply and wouldnt have any until mid February.

Obviously this was unacceptable. Why it took her two weeks to finally make a phone call is beyond me. They then inform me that they had a demo unit for sale. However, for some unknown reason they would be able to get it out to me until about the same time as a new one. DO THESE PEOPLE WANT MY MONEY OR NOT?

It gets even better, they wont give us the money back. They finally just told us yesterday that they "HAVE" to hold transfers for 6 business days. Wether or not that's accurate, they held $30k for 6 days without telling us why or when we would get it back.

Meanwhile I've been kicking and screaming trying to get a machine in my building. I get everything moving just to have my financier tell me hes not cutting another check until he gets the original money back. I dont blame him but it once again means Nazdar is screwing me out of a machine.

This type of service is complete crap. I dont get angry about much, but this has me boiling. I'll NEVER use them again. Even if they were the only people to have a certain product Id turn a customer away rather than consciously give them money ever again.

If ran business like this, I wouldnt run it for long.

There are plenty of good roland dealers out there, stay away from this one. HORRID customer service.

Dear Kyle: I apologize for the delayed response to this post but I was not until recently a member of the Signs 101 forum, and also I was under the impression that this issue had been addressed directly and to your satisfaction between you and our Nazdar SourceOne Regional Sales Manager. Reading this post I can see that the actions that we took did not meet to your satisfaction, and for that I apologize. For the record I would like to confirm that what you posted that there were abnormal delays in the delivery date for the Roland XC-540 printer that you ordered (and later cancelled) through our company, and in the time that it took for us to refund the deposit that you had made to proceed with your order. I don’t dispute either of these facts, and I do recognize that we fell short of meeting your expectations and requirements for this equipment transaction.

The part of your post that I don’t support is your position that Nazdar SourceOne is a company that does not provide good service. Yes we were caught short on availability of inventory of the Roland SC-540 at the time of your order, Yes this is a machine that Roland almost always had in inventory for immediate shipment, Yes this is a printer that Nazdar SourceOne almost always has multiple new and demo printers available in inventory for immediate shipment, Unfortunately at the time that you placed your PO in January the cupboard was unexpectedly bare at both Roland and Nazdar.

Under normal circumstances this is a situation that just does not occur, and as such I can understand how our sales person made the assumption that a printer would be available for immediate shipment. Once again I apologize, and I wish that we had seen this unlikely but possible situation ahead of time, and that we had taken the steps to confirm printer availability prior to processing your order. I can assure you that this was a hard learned lesson for all concerned and that we are implementing policy to complete this important step on all future Roland equipment transactions. Regards the refunding of your deposit we turned that around to you just as soon as the bank confirmed processing of the check and confirmation of funds.

I know that these words bring little comfort to you, and understand that you have a sour taste regards your most recent experience in purchasing Roland equipment from Nazdar SourceOne. I can assure you that everyone on our team feels badly about the inconvenience that you experienced, and we wish that things had gone as smoothly as they did with your previous purchase of a Roland SP540I from our company.

Best Regards:

Peter G. Walsh | Vice President & General Manager | Nazdar SourceOne | 8501 Hedge Lane Terrace | Shawnee, KS 66227 | 913-422-1888 (fax)
pwalsh@nazdar.com | www.sourceoneonline.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Justin

I may just be in the small leagues, but if I honestly was selling a $30,000 machine as a salesman I would know for sure whether it's in-stock, or not. It may just be me, and being new to the idea of expensive machines, and my economic area but $30k is like mind eyeing to me.

kylebrk

Dear Kyle: I apologize for the delayed response to this post but I was not until recently a member of the Signs 101 forum, and also I was under the impression that this issue had been addressed directly and to your satisfaction between you and our Nazdar SourceOne Regional Sales Manager. Reading this post I can see that the actions that we took did not meet to your satisfaction, and for that I apologize. For the record I would like to confirm that what you posted that there were abnormal delays in the delivery date for the Roland XC-540 printer that you ordered (and later cancelled) through our company, and in the time that it took for us to refund the deposit that you had made to proceed with your order. I don’t dispute either of these facts, and I do recognize that we fell short of meeting your expectations and requirements for this equipment transaction.

The part of your post that I don’t support is your position that Nazdar SourceOne is a company that does not provide good service. Yes we were caught short on availability of inventory of the Roland SC-540 at the time of your order, Yes this is a machine that Roland almost always had in inventory for immediate shipment, Yes this is a printer that Nazdar SourceOne almost always has multiple new and demo printers available in inventory for immediate shipment, Unfortunately at the time that you placed your PO in January the cupboard was unexpectedly bare at both Roland and Nazdar.

Under normal circumstances this is a situation that just does not occur, and as such I can understand how our sales person made the assumption that a printer would be available for immediate shipment. Once again I apologize, and I wish that we had seen this unlikely but possible situation ahead of time, and that we had taken the steps to confirm printer availability prior to processing your order. I can assure you that this was a hard learned lesson for all concerned and that we are implementing policy to complete this important step on all future Roland equipment transactions. Regards the refunding of your deposit we turned that around to you just as soon as the bank confirmed processing of the check and confirmation of funds.

I know that these words bring little comfort to you, and understand that you have a sour taste regards your most recent experience in purchasing Roland equipment from Nazdar SourceOne. I can assure you that everyone on our team feels badly about the inconvenience that you experienced, and we wish that things had gone as smoothly as they did with your previous purchase of a Roland SP540I from our company.

Best Regards:

For the record, they have sent some wrap kit samples as an apology.

I do appreciate the gesture. I might consider doing business again.

However, to imply that NSO did anything but drop the ball is down right denial. It's done, I have a printer that does what I need it to. The issue is over.

It is fair for other sign shop owners to know what happened though. I did not lie or embellish one fact.

Last edited by a moderator: