• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Water tank graphics?

phototec

I have a customer who has a plastic water tank and one end has a recessed area with molded numbers. Someone else used cut vinyl lettering applied across the area and the client doesn't like the end result.

He also would like his logo to be added to the area above the text, it will be a full color digitally printed and laminated graphic.

Has anyone done this or something similar, what is the best approach for this kind of signage?

I was thinking you need to add some kind of flat rigid material to the take and apply the graphics to that, but what and how would you attach it to the tank.

Attachments

• HOW TO.jpg
    HOW TO.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 217

Christian @ 2CT Media

You could use Avery 1106EZ and conform it, but if they want to hide the texture you could spray a rigid foam and shape it smooth or use a plastic body filler and shape it then apply your graphics

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I have a customer who has a plastic water tank and one end has a recessed area with molded numbers. Someone else used cut vinyl lettering applied across the area and the client doesn't like the end result.

He also would like his logo to be added to the area above the text, it will be a full color digitally printed and laminated graphic.

Has anyone done this or something similar, what is the best approach for this kind of signage?

I was thinking you need to add some kind of flat rigid material to the take and apply the graphics to that, but what and how would you attach it to the tank.

Would 3M VHB not work to attach a board? That stuff is crazy strong

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
One solution would be to try to sell him on changing the layout to avoid the tank seam.
Could end up looking cleaner & increase legibility. Maybe the logo on one side large & the menu of services on the other.
Not everything has to be horizontal lines of text stacked one on top of the next.

wayne k
guam usa

visual800

if he doesnt like it tell him to buy a smooth tank. I personally wouldnt adhere vhb to it (my opinion). It is what it is and it sounds like a lot of thinking and issue solving. Its vinyl over what hes got or buy a smoother tank

papabud

Lone Wolf
who ever did it the first time... ugh.
it looks like a very simple job if you lay it out in 4 sections to avoid the yellow thingy and the tank markings.

phototec

One solution would be to try to sell him on changing the layout to avoid the tank seam.
Could end up looking cleaner & increase legibility. Maybe the logo on one side large & the menu of services on the other.
Not everything has to be horizontal lines of text stacked one on top of the next.

wayne k
guam usa
Wayne, That is a great idea, I will work on a layout. Thanks