• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wave Pattern from GS6000

TechnaPrint

We are seeing the "Wave Pattern" in the dark area of some of our prints. I have done several Nozzle Checks, run the Self Cleaning (Very Light, Medium and Heavy), checked the Head Alignment, done a physical Maint. Cleaning and replaced the cleaning pad (which was dripping) and I have tried lowering the heat from 50 to 45. We are using Fuji Satin Poster Paper and we are running the Onyx 10 RIP.

Any help would be great.

BPI Color

I see you're running Onyx but I don't know which version. I'm going to guess you're running a stock 8 pass profile. It could be that your platen is set to hi when it should be set to low. Try kicking the microweave setting up a notch or two in Onyx. This won't invalidate the existing profile. Also, see if you have a 16 pass, max quality option. I know it prints twice as slow but you can use it to get through this job until you get or make a better profile for yourself.

TechnaPrint

We are running Onyx 10.1. I tried bumping up the mircoweave from High A to High C, with very little change, then I tried going down to Medium C, and the pattern went away. I am currently in the process of re-profiling.

boxerbay

believe it or not we like to use the 3MIJ180 16 pass 1440x1440 profile. We also max out the weave. comes out flawless. We're running colorburst.