• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Waving Checkered

102RCR

Anyone know where I can find a seamless waving checkered flag tile? Have a customer that wants semi fenders covered. I have just a checkered pattern, and I can find a "waving" flag. I can't find one that is seamless or one that won't look funny when blown up to fit.

Thank you

myront

CorelDRAW is best
What design software are you using? In Corel I'd look at the Envelope Tool. Assuming your checkered pattern is vector

102RCR

I use Flexi and AI I was hoping to find just a seamless tile without manually creating one. That might be my only option though..

OldPaint

Attachments

• wavy-checkered-pattern-1497513.jpg
    wavy-checkered-pattern-1497513.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 233

tulsagraphics

Creating a tiling pattern in AI is pretty easy. Personally I like the cValley FilterIt warping tool because it has so many adjustable options. Illustrator + cValley = easy to create wave patterns. (FilterIt only works with vector, of course). cValley has a fully functioning 15 day trial version: FILTERiT - Adobe Illustrator Plugin | CValley if you want to go that route -- or just use Illustrator by itself. Here's a tutorial for creating seamless patterns in Illustrator: How to create patterns in Illustrator

OldPaint

that pattern i showed you WAS AN EXAMPLE.......... now your in the business....so VECTORIZING shouldnt be a problem. or redraw lines in corel draw......create your own..... 5 minutes in corel was all i spent on this.............it is vector(converted to jpg to post here)

Attachments

• checkflag.jpg
    checkflag.jpg
    754 KB · Views: 262

shoresigns

Takes 2 minutes in Illustrator. Try this:

1. Draw a grid of checkered squares, 2x2, 8x8, etc. depending on the scale you want the waves to be.
2. Effect > Warp > Flag > 5-10% or so
3. Object > Pattern > Make
4. Adjust the height setting for the pattern so it matches the width. It starts off a bit higher due to the height of the waves.

That's it. You're done.