• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WAY too much ink!

KapAg

So I closed up shop last night and everything had printed just fine that day. I come in this morning and the Falcon can't seem to print a darn thing right. It's laying WAY too much ink on the vinyl. Using the same profile that worked for my yesterday. Even tried a few others that I know are (were) good and the same result. I've checked the ink restrictions, and nothing has changed with those....because I'm the only one who could have done that. I lowered them anyway, but to no avail. Anyone know what's happening? I'm really new at this position so if it's an easy solution or setting on the control panel that might have gotten pushed, I'd be happy to hear that.

Mutoh Falcon II Outdoor 64 (2x4 Eco Solvent Ultra Inks)
Mimaki JV3-160SP (2x4 SS2 Inks)
Colorspan Displaymaker 72UVR (Solachrome UV)
w/ Onyx 6.5 RIP

Thanks in advance for any advice!

~k

Rodan68

I don't know about the Mutoh, but on my Seiko if the heat gets accidentally turn off the prints look like they have too much ink (a runny mess). Maybe check the heat.

KapAg

Thanks!

Pretty sure that's what it was....somehow the heaters got turned off...should've known that...I burn myself all the time on the platen!

Thanks A BUNCH!

~k