• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ways to evaluate profile accuracy?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Apart from looking at soft proofs with the granger rainbow and other images, and also printing them off and comparing them to your monitor.
Is there a way you can print a set of patches, measure them and put them against a reference set and see how accurate they are?

I suppose similar to when press guys would evaluate their profile with a print standard, fogra 39 for example.

If i was doing this, i suppose i would have to evaluate against a print standard closest to my printers gamut output?

I think i can do something like this in colorthing pro. I've never really used this program much other than comparing gamut sizes and smoothness ect. It's a program that got given to me.

For reference, i'm trying to compare profiles with different methods. and would like to compare with some sort of reference

Thanks.

rjssigns

What about printing PMS bridge swatches then using a densitometer to compare them against the Pantone bridge chart? Simple enough, and gives you another point of reference. I did this in one of my college courses.

2B

we use a X‑Rite i1Publish Pro 2 Colorimeter / color calibrator for this.

before this we would print different profiles onto the same media and compare that to a color swatch booklet
We still use this method in that colors are printed on the media and on display for the customer to look at choose the coloring they want

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
What about printing PMS bridge swatches then using a densitometer to compare them against the Pantone bridge chart? Simple enough, and gives you another point of reference. I did this in one of my college courses.

I want to do something similar, been thinking about it. I'd like a patch set and reference data with in the colour space of the printer. Then print the patch set, measure and put the measurements against the reference data through colorthing pro.
I think i have to make my own though. Pantone charts would be good.

we use a X‑Rite i1Publish Pro 2 Colorimeter / color calibrator for this.

before this we would print different profiles onto the same media and compare that to a color swatch booklet
We still use this method in that colors are printed on the media and on display for the customer to look at choose the coloring they want
I do this at times too. But it takes up a bit of time.

Rayd8

Try with a capsure device? This will lrt you read each color patch you print so you can measure exactly your color levels and you will know exactly which channel to adjust?
Hth
Thierry