• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Website design question

jkdbjj

Hello, to those interested.

I have plenty left to do on my site, and I am aware my portfolio is loading way to slow due to file sizes.

With that said, I would like specific suggestions about my home page. I am looking for ideas that will make it less templatey looking, more inviting, and more stylish.

So if there are websites that you like or love their homepage please show me. Or at the least try to verbalize your ideas.

Thanks again.

www.vivisual.com

MatthewTimothy

you have too much trying to load on a page, switch to something like a jQuery slideshow.

EDIT:
this is one i use often and would fit your needs perfect here

jkdbjj

http://www.mycroburst.com/contests/sign-company-logo-2

Explain please you ****in loser.

I am pretty sure our ideas are verbalized here.

http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/

Excuse me? Loser? If yo look at my post about my logo, I made it clear I wasn't designing by myself????? So what's with the ignorance here?

I did have to take the shady designs I received mess with them and ask the guy to rework it. Guess you missed that post where I explained I am not designing???

jkdbjj

You burned every bridge you had here you POS.

Guys slow down and go read my thread for my logo. I am on my cell at the moment, so it is difficult to post the link.

I made a specific post that I was not designing, and working with a kid on the design. How much more clear could I have been, I even went as far to say "I didn't want to take credit for something I didn't do"

So how can you slam me?

This place drives me nuts sometimes.

ucmj22

Excuse me? Loser? If yo look at my post about my logo, I made it clear I wasn't designing by myself????? So what's with the ignorance here?

I did have to take the shady designs I received mess with them and ask the guy to rework it. Guess you missed that post where I explained I am not designing???

lies upon lies.
specifically stated in post 163 here

jkdbjj

You want to keep defamating me, we can take it up off the forum anytime. Otherwise watch you're mouth. Simple as that!

I made it clear I DID NOT TAKE credit for the design. End of story.

slipperyfrog

So what's with the ignorance here?

Are you really that stupid? You either got balls the size of boulders or are just plain brain dead.

Let me explain it nice and easy for stupid people like yourself. You used talented designers on this forum to move a crowd source design contest along without informing them.

All involved should send you an invoice or a cease & desist.

Circleville Signs

You want to keep defamating me, we can take it up off the forum anytime. Otherwise watch you're mouth. Simple as that!

I made it clear I DID NOT TAKE credit for the design. End of story.

Oh....You poor, deluded little man. I promise - you don't want to try taking ANYTHING up with me "off forum".

jkdbjj

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showpost.php?p=972352&postcount=38

How much clearer could I be that I was not designing by myself?

These kids on those sites are newbies, need direction, so I got some ideas offered feedback and for example Jill's suggestions.

Jill didn't come up with it all by herself, she used what I had already and put a fresh spin on it. To which I am grateful and have expressed that to her.

Wow, I missed a lot in 4 days!

To each his own though, I did make it clear in post 38. Not my problem if those being the harshest here didn't see it.

Border

That one post, well into the second page, you stated that you were "working with a kid on the design". This implies you and said "kid" were working together. The fact was that you were working with many many designers and never lifted a finger of your own except for maybe the very first post in the thread. All the other designs you posted up were from the crowd sourcing site.

Now you are just trying to back-pedal because you got caught. Simple as that and I am sure just about everyone else will see it that way too.

Be a man at least and own up to it. You very clearly tried to make it sound as if you were trying to have everyone here help YOU hone YOUR design skills when in fact you were just looking for a great logo for next to nothing at LOTS of other people's expense.

Own up to it at least. Several here as well as at the crowd source site would probably gladly stand in line to kick you in the 'nads.