• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Website photos

Centro Graphics

Evening all.

Could anyone tell me if there is a nifty bit of software out there that can load a bunch of photos at once and convert to a smaller file size. We are populating our website and our photos are too large for quick web viewing. Doing them one by one in photoshop is just dull and very time consuming.

Thanks

Steve

J

john1

You can do it in Photoshop, Just make a custom action to do so. Google how to make a action resize photos :)

Moze

Precision Sign Services
It sounds like your main issue is the resizing? If so you can use FastStone to resize, rename, etc. multiple photos.

C

ColoPrinthead

You can do it in Photoshop, Just make a custom action to do so. Google how to make a action resize photos :)
You can even go a step further and batch process a folder full images. I love batch processing :rock-n-roll:

Joe Diaz

Microsoft Office Picture Manager. You can select multiple files then crop, re-size, adjust color and contrast, rotate and flip, etc. all at once. It comes with Microsoft Office but I think it can be downloaded for free online.

signswi

After you run that you'll want to run them through a lossless compression utility like PunyPNG or Smush.it.

There's still tons of unnecessary data in that JPG wasting space not needed on the web.

Centro Graphics

After you run that you'll want to run them through a lossless compression utility like PunyPNG or Smush.it.

There's still tons of unnecessary data in that JPG wasting space not needed on the web.

Really? Wouldnt of known that? Like what?

microsoft image resizer sounds worth a tryout too by the sounds.

khanasohrab

Hi:
Listen, use photoshp or Coreldraw to resize the images. and if you are using host company to do-it-yourself basis like there will be built-in tool to resize photo. When u upload the photos, you will be able to re-size and crop options. Hopefully it will work. Very easy just try. Good Luck?

signswi

Really? Wouldnt of known that? Like what?

microsoft image resizer sounds worth a tryout too by the sounds.

Embedded metadata is the major reason (camera information, geolocation information sometimes, photoshop metadata, etc.) but beyond that they're just better compression algo's than in use by the main image programs. It's standard procedure in the web world as every byte counts. Important enough that both Google Page Speed and Yahoo YSlow include a check on site images for compression gains not utilized in their rating system.

Centro Graphics

Embedded metadata is the major reason (camera information, geolocation information sometimes, photoshop metadata, etc.) but beyond that they're just better compression algo's than in use by the main image programs. It's standard procedure in the web world as every byte counts. Important enough that both Google Page Speed and Yahoo YSlow include a check on site images for compression gains not utilized in their rating system.

Jeez, its a maze with no way out. Well I have uploaded some images now, perhaps I will have to do this on the next batch. I have submitted a link to the site in a new thread for critique.

Thanks