Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website photos

Discussion in 'Website Design' started by Centro Graphics, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Centro Graphics

Centro Graphics Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Evening all.

Could anyone tell me if there is a nifty bit of software out there that can load a bunch of photos at once and convert to a smaller file size. We are populating our website and our photos are too large for quick web viewing. Doing them one by one in photoshop is just dull and very time consuming.

Thanks

Steve

Tags:
  2. john1

john1 Guest

You can do it in Photoshop, Just make a custom action to do so. Google how to make a action resize photos :)

3. Moze

Moze Very Active Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    It sounds like your main issue is the resizing? If so you can use FastStone to resize, rename, etc. multiple photos.

4. ColoPrinthead

ColoPrinthead Swollen Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Donkeytown, Colorado
    You can even go a step further and batch process a folder full images. I love batch processing :rock-n-roll:

5. DKgrafix

DKgrafix Very Active Member

Batch resize in Photoshop

6. Joe Diaz

Joe Diaz Very Active Member

Microsoft Office Picture Manager. You can select multiple files then crop, re-size, adjust color and contrast, rotate and flip, etc. all at once. It comes with Microsoft Office but I think it can be downloaded for free online.

7. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    microsoft image resizer power toy

8. Centro Graphics

Centro Graphics Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Guys

Thanks for the great advice, photoshop batch worked a treat.

Thanks

Steve

9. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    After you run that you'll want to run them through a lossless compression utility like PunyPNG or Smush.it.

There's still tons of unnecessary data in that JPG wasting space not needed on the web.

10. MindsEyeOpen

MindsEyeOpen Member

Jan 17, 2011
    The most useful tool I've ever found for doing simple re-sizing.

11. Centro Graphics

Centro Graphics Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Really? Wouldnt of known that? Like what?

microsoft image resizer sounds worth a tryout too by the sounds.

12. khanasohrab

khanasohrab New Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Hi:
    Listen, use photoshp or Coreldraw to resize the images. and if you are using host company to do-it-yourself basis like there will be built-in tool to resize photo. When u upload the photos, you will be able to re-size and crop options. Hopefully it will work. Very easy just try. Good Luck?

13. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Embedded metadata is the major reason (camera information, geolocation information sometimes, photoshop metadata, etc.) but beyond that they're just better compression algo's than in use by the main image programs. It's standard procedure in the web world as every byte counts. Important enough that both Google Page Speed and Yahoo YSlow include a check on site images for compression gains not utilized in their rating system.

14. Centro Graphics

Centro Graphics Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Los Angeles

Jeez, its a maze with no way out. Well I have uploaded some images now, perhaps I will have to do this on the next batch. I have submitted a link to the site in a new thread for critique.

Thanks