• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

website review?

Color Spot North

Our site is about finished. It is done in house at this time, so we realize it is lacking the polish of a higher end agency design. We are considering that route, but for now this is what we have.

Love to see some of your sites as well.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

www.colorspotnc.com

Color Spot North

On the individual product pages I am adding rotating images so it breaks up some of the text.
We also have lots of blogging to do. We've bought into the idea that good blogging makes a difference in looking for inbound links and general SEO stuff. I only have two blogs on there now more or less as place holders, but they are what they are :)

Dennis422

Nice!!!

The only thing that bothers me, and it is not that big of a deal, is that highlight on a FREE quote button.
It just does not look like it was supposed to be there, at least, it should be a lot less noticeable.

Great job

DesireeM

On the individual product pages I am adding rotating images so it breaks up some of the text.
We also have lots of blogging to do. We've bought into the idea that good blogging makes a difference in looking for inbound links and general SEO stuff. I only have two blogs on there now more or less as place holders, but they are what they are :)

Absolutely! Having areas on your site where the content is constantly being updated is a huge factor in SEO. Stale sites eventually lose search engine ranking because search engines want NEW, CURRENT and RELEVANT content for their users.

It's also a huge factor in repeat visitors. If your site never changes then people have no reason to go there more than once. But if you give them something new and interesting to see each time they will come back for more. I've done websites in the past where there was a page just for local news stories, jokes, blogs, weather etc...The company figured that their local customers would come to their site because it was all in one place...and if it helped imprint their business in the customers' minds then all the better!

Color Spot North

Absolutely! Having areas on your site where the content is constantly being updated is a huge factor in SEO. Stale sites eventually lose search engine ranking because search engines want NEW, CURRENT and RELEVANT content for their users.

It's also a huge factor in repeat visitors. If your site never changes then people have no reason to go there more than once. But if you give them something new and interesting to see each time they will come back for more. I've done websites in the past where there was a page just for local news stories, jokes, blogs, weather etc...The company figured that their local customers would come to their site because it was all in one place...and if it helped imprint their business in the customers' minds then all the better!
Great advice thanks!

Color Spot North

Nice!!!

The only thing that bothers me, and it is not that big of a deal, is that highlight on a FREE quote button.
It just does not look like it was supposed to be there, at least, it should be a lot less noticeable.

Great job
Yeah I agree with you. I just altered a button a found online in a rush. I will work on that, thanks!

Color Spot North

Nice!!!

Great job
I changed it up from that quote button, to something I think looks nice. Thought on it being better than before?

Color Spot North

Looks good to me.

I guess it's probably too early to tell but I would be interested to know how many people include their budget in the request for quote?

I swear every time I speak to someone about a budget they just go blank. Mind you med-large companies which it looks like you work with are generally organized when it comes to marketing/advertising budgets but when dealing with small companies people just have no clue how much things cost or how much they are willing to spend to get the results they are looking for.
You are probably right that it caters to certain clientele. Many "would-be" customers are so edgy that they get offended at the question.
I left it optional and said that on that field on the form for those that either don't know or won't share.

You are also correct that when we work with mid to large companies, and have even a semi relationship with them, there is usually a discussion of budget, so no one is spending time on things they ought not to be.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
It's also a huge factor in repeat visitors. If your site never changes then people have no reason to go there more than once.

I've always wondered about this. I get that having fresh content would help you land a new customer, but it seems like once they consider you their go to sign company that they never go to your site. When they need a new sign they just email or call.

SignStudent

I think it looks great visually. I did find one tiny mistake just looking through a couple pages quickly: on the window decals page "Frosted Vinyl" has an extra space in front of it so it doesn't line up with the other paragraphs.

Edit: Just noticed one other thing: the last word on the legal industry page is only half spelled out. It says "differe" where it should say "difference."

Color Spot North

I've always wondered about this. I get that having fresh content would help you land a new customer, but it seems like once they consider you their go to sign company that they never go to your site. When they need a new sign they just email or call.
Well, whether or not it is useful to existing clients has more to do with if the content is really useful to them. If it is just more photos, more words, probably not going to visit again. However, if, and the keyword is if you can create something engaging about articles perhaps, something funny, etc... but something that is a real value, then people will come back.
There are ways of monitoring and tracking this interaction, though in the normal course of sign shop's day to day ops, no one is going to usually go this far. I sure haven't thus far.

Now, on another side of the same coin, is content that Google likes, and content other industry partners might want to link to or share. That is a whole other ball game, and is something that any sign shop should be engaged if they want to utilize the web to reach a national or at least larger audience.

Really two different routes, whether you're trying to engage clients or the industry.

My personal opinion is that if you can engage the industry it just give you credibility to clients, so you can kill two birds with one stone.

I think it looks great visually. I did find one tiny mistake just looking through a couple pages quickly: on the window decals page "Frosted Vinyl" has an extra space in front of it so it doesn't line up with the other paragraphs.

Edit: Just noticed one other thing: the last word on the legal industry page is only half spelled out. It says "differe" where it should say "difference."
Ah, I thank you for pulling out the magnifine glass!! Corrections made :)