• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Website

p7050

I had a website built for me which includes graphics and was wondering if someone could check the site to make sure nothing is illegal on it I don't want to sell someone elses work. The person states everything is legit and he sells tons of graphics online. I have not sold any items as of yet just want to make sure. Thanks

http://www.dmsrgraphics.com/products.html

p7050

So the graphics on the site are ok to be made and sold or cant be sold dont want to get into any trouble.

peavey123

Why are you asking if the stuff on your site is legal? Did you not purchase the clip art yourself? Very strange man...

Because you are not sure, and the fact that all the images on your site are sold on hundreds of very very similar sites. I'm going to take a guess that the person supplying you with the site and graphics, does not have the proper licenses for reselling the clipart to you. Most clipart licenses do NOT allow you to resell the re-producible files to others.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I had a website built for me which includes graphics and was wondering if someone could check the site to make sure nothing is illegal on it I don't want to sell someone elses work. The person states everything is legit and he sells tons of graphics online. I have not sold any items as of yet just want to make sure. Thanks

http://www.dmsrgraphics.com/products.html

Your work won't get you a take down notice or some sort of intellectual property cease and desist if that is what you are asking. ... it's just a crappy clipart collection I myself have had since the late 90's.

Your main problem with the site is how much the graphics suck. I just looked at your site, and for the life of me would not remember it was dmsr graphics once I closed it because your top header is illegible and poorly designed. You are used 90's web template images for your sidebar links (with a graphics rollover, really?) and even the top of your source code says "yahoo sitebuilder" with all of the elements done with table elements with div tag seperators and inline css coding ... google itself will reject spidering the site because of how badly it's done.

Considering it doesn't even have a real e-commerce component, only a paypal request form at the bottom of every page ... you can't force people to work to get clipart garbage they can get on etsy or ebay for half of anything you would charge with 1/100th the hassle.

Expect to pay about $400 for a good cms with an e-commerce component, $200 in training on how to use the site effectively and for the love of all that is unholy ... Pay for a logo at the very least.

All that does nothing if you don't learn to promote your site ... just having a site won't sell your product. Get a mailing list for specials (mailchimp is awesome for that) and learn some basic self promotion techniques for social media. And get your name out locally.

CanuckSigns

Thanks for all the comments on the site will rebuild it and try again

Have a look at wordpress, it's very easy to make a simple site using a pre made theme, you can even add e commerce to it very easily.

have a look at my site, it was built off a theme with a bit of modification ( not by me) but I've added things to it over the years and it's quite easy. I recently added an online product catalogue for our rubber stamps, it's an e commerce plugin withe the add to cart functionality turned off (I don't want to sell online for now)

www.watsonsengraving.com

shoresigns

The man asked for us to see if anything is illegal on his site, he did not ask for design opinions
What difference does it make if he asked? He clearly needed help. Not all the comments made were helpful, mind you, but the sarcastic ones (myself included) were more than likely a reaction to the fact that the design was so bad, it looked like a troll more than a legitimate post.