• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weeding

csilvia9

HI,
I was wondering if anyone had some advice on weeding? What kind of tools do you use for weeding.

Thank you
Christopher

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Finger nails, tweezers, X-acto knives, employees, needles and lots of patience.

Square One

Believe it or not I have found that dental tools work really good for weeding. The thing you want to make sure of is that you are using tools that have been properly sterylized. My sister works in a dental office, and she brings me tools every couple of months. The nice thing about these tools is that there are may different types, and some work better than others, some have rubber grips on them. I am not sure if there is a source for these outside of the dental offices, but you may try one of your local dentist office to see.

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
I use a hammer and chisel myself, sometimes a samurai sword if it's a rush job!

sailormike

Jack hammers and backhoes work the best just kidding I love my dental tools that I use.
Also you can get dental tool sets at harbor freight tools. Also I am a Ham radio opperator and you can find them at most swap fests

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
haha Sometimes I have to steal my nephews tweezers from his operation game. That works real good!!!

Columbia Signs

Wait up late one night and look for the Cricket machine infomercial. You find the spatula tool that comes with it is worth the price of the whole machine!

Of coarse, once you see the infomercial you'll know I'm yanking your chain.

Columbia Signs

They have a lot of things at sign conventions, but I've never seen a "weed off".

I used to weed about 2 to 3 50 yard rolls a week, but now employees help and I can't weed my way out of a paper bag. Watching these guys take little centers out is like an art.

Who is the fastest weeder?

SignosaurusRex

Usually one of the kids armed with a hoe and Swedish weed-hook. When they loose those they usually are left to attempt the chore with a large screw driver.

X-acto knife with #11 blade for the small stuff.....fingers for big stuff.