Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight of a HS15 plus plotter?

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by RG, Jul 17, 2012.

1. RG

RG Member

Dec 6, 2006
    South Mississippi
    Hello. Can someone out there please tell me the exact weight of a Gerber HS15 plus plotter? Thanks.

Tags:
  2. Jase

Jase Member

Jul 28, 2010
    South Wales
    Nope, but for shipping I would estimate as we just shipped one that you should look at 50Kgs

3. Typestries

Typestries Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2007
    NJ | VT
    Heavy, lol. We have one, it's been a workhorse, does not get used that much any more.....I will weigh it for you, but if you need an immediate answer, 50 lbs +easy.

4. RG

RG Member

Dec 6, 2006
    South Mississippi
    Thanks for your help, Jase & Typestries. Wow, 50Kgs is around 110 pounds. Right? I'm considering buying one and it will have to be shipped to me. Guess if it ever stops working, I'll have a good boat anchor.

5. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Just weighed ours..... 62lbs.

6. RG

RG Member

Dec 6, 2006
    South Mississippi
    Gino, thanks for going to the trouble of weighing the plotter. It really helps.

7. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    If the weight (shipping) is a factor in your buying decision for this piece of equipment, I'm surprised.

Where is it coming from, the North Pole?

This equpment probably ran about ten K new. (I think that's what we paid for ours about ten years ago or so).

Shipping couldn't be over a hundred bucks or so, most likely.