• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

weird bubbles with phototex

bigben

We installed a mural using phototex and for some reason there are weird bubbles that appeared 3 weeks later. I've went to this customer office 4 days after the install and the bubbles were not there. Its just appeared 3 weeks later. If I squeegee down the bubbles it stay flat for a while, but few minutes after that, we can see them reappear. We use a fair share amount of phototex products and never saw this kind of problem. Does anyone ever got this problem?

Attachments

• phototex.JPG
    phototex.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 168

jfiscus

Rap Master
Looks like humidity coming through the wall. I bet you a FLIR camera would show you that there is no insulation in that wall if it is an exterior wall.

bigben

Looks like humidity coming through the wall. I bet you a FLIR camera would show you that there is no insulation in that wall if it is an exterior wall.

This part on the picture is a melamine reception desk. But I have the same think on the wall that is not an exterior wall.

Bigdawg

Just Me
We ran into this same problem, except the bubbles appeared 3 days later. I don't remember the resolution - but I would highly recommend giving phototex a call. They were EXTREMELY helpful in backtracking what could have been the causes and how to remedy. One of the better companies I've dealt with for product issues.

bigben

We ran into this same problem, except the bubbles appeared 3 days later. I don't remember the resolution - but I would highly recommend giving phototex a call. They were EXTREMELY helpful in backtracking what could have been the causes and how to remedy. One of the better companies I've dealt with for product issues.

Unfortunately, the only response we got from phototex was a paint problem. Even if the same problem appeared on the material installed on melamine. The customer asked to remove the whole job and we will use regular wall vinyl.