• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Weird lines in the end of print

Alex R.

Hello,

Our Roland vs640i a year old started making these weird lines across the whole width of the media. Our engineers(the guys we bought this printer from) suggested to change our lan cable.
I am a bit skeptical. It's a new and quality cat6 cable. And this glitch doesn't happen all the time.. It's quite sporadic. And usually in the end of the print.
It's hard to be sure or not superstitious, but this problem started happening after we moved from our old office to a new workshop. The printer just has been serviced, they changed something in the head, cuz I by mistake(as they said) used a wrong program after we reinstalled the printer it might created unnecessary pressure inside of it. Anyways, they serviced and it was all working fine. Now it started acting up by occasionally making these lines. I attached the picture of it. You can spot some patterns in the lines, but not quote consistent.

Anyways I hope maybe someone had something similar and knows what it is.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Alex

Attachments

• 20190328_113604948_iOS.jpg
    20190328_113604948_iOS.jpg
    888.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 20190328_113704154_iOS.jpg
    20190328_113704154_iOS.jpg
    597.5 KB · Views: 226
  • 20190328_113708456_iOS.jpg
    20190328_113708456_iOS.jpg
    568.3 KB · Views: 233
  • 20190328_114422333_iOS.jpg
    20190328_114422333_iOS.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 227

bigben

It look like the head is touching the material. Could be just a vacuum adjustment, a feed problem or head high adjustment to make. I'm not a tech, but those would be the first things I would check.

unclebun

My first thought was head strikes too, but when you look closer at the pictures, the regular sawtooth pattern at the edges of the printed stripes does not look like head strike. It looks like some kind of signal degradation, i.e. "static" in old radio terms. So either a problem with spurious electromagnetic energy, a power supply problem, or perhaps a signal issue (that might come from the network).

Not sure, but I guess a dirty encoder strip maybe...

GTSTech_1

Before investing in new parts, I would clean the encoder (Rubbing Alcohol only) scale and reader, if that doesn't work, then I would flip the encoder scale. If flipping doesn't solve, then I would start off with a encoder reader 1st. If the encoder scale looks good, no streaks or kinks then the print carriage board might be the culprit.

Just my .02

MikePro

if they're suggesting lan cable, i may also suggest inspecting the lan card itself in the printer. the connections may be degraded and shorting-out randomly.

Alex R.

Thank you guys very much for all your suggestions. Gonna check it out. Never heard about decoder stripe before tbh. Could it be be cause we moved to a new place? It's colder here and the previous workshop was super warm. Maybe some deformation of electronics?
It's just too weird it all started after we moved