• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weird marks in vinyl

Jr gong

Any idea as to what this is? Plus the vinyl is not printing correctly even after I turn up the colour, it was at 16(100%) it's now at 20, doing the same thing sigh, help.
9c13c8d57d00ca3827b3ce97c38f4e58.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

bannertime

Print on the other side and use white gloves to handle the print side of material. Print side is almost always going to be the smoother side. Unless you get into textured materials.

untitled

There is a banner material that I use that does the exact same thing if I load the material without gloves on. Put on some gloves and any parts you have touched without cut off. Then print and see if that fixes the problem.

Jr gong

Wiped it with rubbing alcohol... Bam! All good! I love this forum! Thanks guys. Ohh... Its regular vinyl banner [emoji5]
b8322cdb13884d5b3582bc7151282ca9.jpg

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
this can happen to any printable material. if you don't wear gloves jut pull the roll forward a foot or two. Then you will print on a part that you surely never touched before. Btw You can also wash your hand and try not to touch every square inch on the media when you load it. I do not use gloves and i have barely any problem with smudges. Try to load the material by holding on the sides

AKwrapguy

Any idea as to what this is? Plus the vinyl is not printing correctly even after I turn up the colour, it was at 16(100%) it's now at 20, doing the same thing sigh, help.
9c13c8d57d00ca3827b3ce97c38f4e58.jpg

So it looks like you printing with HP Latex. Latex and banner material have an odd relationship. In older banner material the platisizers will migrate to the surface of the material and cause this. It happens to older banner material that has been sitting around for a while as well as cheaper material.

So ways to fix this in the future. Wipe down area with alcohol before, on the HP machines (depending on the the size and model) they make a roller that has a foam cover that rotates against the banner as it goes into the machines.

Jr gong

Ended up returning the material for a more latex friendly vinyl, becauae the light spots came back even with rubbing alcohol.

bannertime

Wiped it with rubbing alcohol... Bam! All good! I love this forum! Thanks guys. Ohh... Its regular vinyl banner [emoji5]

Wow! Must have been an old, old roll. Looked like you were trying to print on the back side. lol.

FrankW

A cool feature of the Latex 500: Wiper Roller. A roller which cleans up media before printing. Had a similar problem with a cheap vinyl ... runningg it with the wiper roller works fine.