• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weird Print Anomaly, anyone ever see anything like this?

LumaMedia

every so often when i'm printing, a weird anomaly happens. As you can see by the photo (forgive my not spell checking the photo) there is a really thin line across the print. the line also goes thru the white areas that receive no ink. Also if you look close, there looks like an offset in the print, almost like a processing error. Anyone ever see anything like this before? It's driving me cray cray.

print flaw.jpg

FYI: the heads are new. The capping station is new. This only seems to happen when I run a 2 pass or a 3 pass on a print. I'm running a Roland XC540

woolly

Probably a speck of dirt on the feed encoder disk... of flat spot on the pinch rollers
Could possibly be a fault in the Eps conversion but doubt it

metrographics

I would agree, I think this does look like some sort of processing glitch. Maybe try a different file format or re-rip your file.
Hopefully someone else on here can offer some more input.

printhog

look at your original graphic file. see if there's a path point (bezier curve) right there.. sometimes they'll be duplicates in one spot and hard to see, so get into a point manipulation mode and select that area. if a bezier has duplicates or a weird angle it can create something like that. if so delete the points in that region and rebuild your curve. should fix it.

Triggerhappy

please tell me the following:
- does the offset printing persist even if you print other files?
- does the black line on the print persists on the entire lenght of the print or it dissapears after a while?
thx

Joe House

Does this happen in more than one file? Does it happen if you rotate the file 90 degrees? I've also seen this happen when the encoder strip is dirty.

Russell J. Bean

To me the black line(on the red) looks simply like the prints over lap is off. I have this all the time on my summa dc4. It's when the red goes over itself which is normal. You are going over Red 2 times. The black looks like your vinyl is off or isn't straight. Like what Henry said, there might be slack or axis issues.