• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

weird printer banding mutoh 1624/flexi

buzzgraphics

Getting weird glitch banding on one of my Mutoh 1624 printers. Seems to happen more frequently on fast printing jobs (like banners), or when attempting to rip and send more than one file at a time. Only happens on the one printer. Anybody else come across this problem and have a solution?

thinking that it's something to do with the cabling? either ethernet or possibly the head cable.

Attachments

• IMG_0382.jpg
    IMG_0382.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0383.jpg
    IMG_0383.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0384.jpg
    IMG_0384.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 206

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You are on the right track. Those patterns are created by the amplification circuit malfunctioning intermittently which usually means a bad cable somewhere. Check your head cables and make sure they are not damaged or dirty. Sometimes they become corroded as well. You can try to clean them with alcohol but it's best to just change them if they are bad. If they look good, then it's most likely the trailing cables AKA CR cables. Sometimes you can troubleshoot the issue by taking the top, center, long cover off completely. This will expose the CR cables. Run the printer like that and see if the issue goes away. If it does, then the cables need to be changed eventually.

buzzgraphics

well, I disconnected and inspected the head cable. Put it back together and everything worked great.... for a day. Now I've lost all black heads in bank A. Did I blow a fuse or does this confirm that the cable is bad?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Single colors don't normal drop out due to electrical issues. They are almost always ink flow issues. Check if there is air in the ink lines of the black channels. If there is, you may need new dampers.

Juney

see your manual...If you have a linier encoder (clear strip of plastic that runs the width of you printer) the print head glides over this strip. Clean with alcohol and be gentle.