• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weird request - is this possible?

ForgeInc

I want to create a display that has graphics and type that would only be visible when someone flashes a camera in front of it.

Does anyone know of any kind of inks, or vinyl materials, substrates, etc. that might do something like that?

g&eprinting

^Ninja technic.

Attachments

• TV_thief_fails.gif
    TV_thief_fails.gif
    490.7 KB · Views: 147

vid

Print black on black reflective....blocking out the areas that you don't want to light up...? That's all I got.

:ROFLMAO: I did a white van w/black reflective only --- stripes and logo. It did the opposite of what Forge is looking to do. It looked great during the day --- there was a little shimmer to the graphics that would catch your eye. And for sure at night, it would really sparkle depending on the angle of the light.

Then, the guy took a straight on picture of it at twilight ...with a flash. It looked like a plain white van. That direct light just vaporized the graphics. In the photo, one could just see a little smidge of gray on the very front and very back of the van where the flash didn't fully bounce back at the edges.

It was hilarious. It took the guy that owned the van by surprise... He thought it would reflect black...:doh: After he got used to the idea, he thought it was a pretty cool effect.