Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Weird Spray Streaks in Print

Discussion in 'Roland' started by PrinterPower, Aug 9, 2017.

1. PrinterPower

PrinterPower Unoffical Printer IT

Jul 13, 2017
    Brooks
    Hello again,

I'm experiencing another printing problem with our Roland Soljet Pro III 540. I'll have images attached here below:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The media I'm using is Scotchcal film, high gloss, with air release. I can't remember the number, sorry!
    Anyway, these purple, dust-like sprays are more prominent at the ends of the print (54" roll) and streaks through until disappearing in the middle. I've cleaned the heads, and did a medium clean on A and B. I've also cleaned the wipers and the caps. These streaks didn't appear when I did a small test on another media. I'm unsure of what's going on here....

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

2. Asuma01

Asuma01 Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Bend, OR
    Looks like it could be static. Do a search on the forum for static issues while printing for way to combat it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PrinterPower

PrinterPower Unoffical Printer IT

Jul 13, 2017
    Brooks
    Thanks! I definitely will give it a shot.

4. Split76

Split76 Member

Sep 15, 2013
    FInland
    original inks? i saw something like that with 3rd party inks many many ..many years ago with sp 540