Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird / stupid question

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by mudmedia, Oct 8, 2012.

1. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Had a customer come in and order some window perf graphics today, was wanting a "matte" look to the window perf he said the optically clear lam that I use is more glossy than he would like.

I know if I do not laminate them it kind of gives them more of a matte look but I still want the durability with laminate. Any suggestions?

Tags:
  2. qmr55

qmr55 Very Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Yardville NJ
    A matte laminate?

3. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Here's a dum answer, print on matte vinyl, or laminate regular vinyl with matte lam. And cut little circles. Have fun weeding lol

4. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    It is going on a vehicle so I cannot just laminate with 290 Matte due to the fact it is not clear enough for window perf film. Wish it was that easy.

5. qmr55

qmr55 Very Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Yardville NJ
    Well your only options are no not lam it or matte lam it and since matte lam kills visibility then your only option is to not lam it.

6. Wiggum PI

Wiggum PI Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Melbourne Australia
    a liquid matte lam?

7. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Honestly I have never used a liquid lam but am willing to give it a shot. Any particular brand you recommend?

8. Wiggum PI

Wiggum PI Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Melbourne Australia
    Clearshield does a matte.
    Never liquid laminated perf either, but there is a couple around here that do.

9. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    this
    although, the downside being, the lack of sheet-lamination to pert will result in inhibited visibility when it rains or dirt/dust builds up in the perforations.