• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weird way to install tenant panels

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
There is this modern, yuppity strip mall near my house where everything has an ultra modern design....Whole Foods, bunch of fancy restaurants that I've never heard of... And they have this tenant panel sign that has ACM hanging on by a bunch of black rubber bungee cords. At first I thought they were banners but I got closer and it's ACM all right. Seems not right (at least to me) that they are not actually fastened to the sign. Didn't know the city would approve such mounting methods. Anyone else see this before? Seems odd. I am not making a sign to go on this tenant panels, just caught my eye and was wondering if this is becoming common.

fIte8pmDIpeSIRgkmbaTMpKoJwORtFOxtQRrii0RahB_f9rU_e-vHcHW9fDWlYzcR3y5r0bxWR7xGOGrq1lQrR1F80Nl8_HVyxJojaVGjJcpCaMsXw9eMXQqmiw175GGouFvJjlrklk=w713-h535-no

ams

Never seen that done, maybe that sign shop doesn't know how to use power tools or doesn't own any. Perhaps corporate doesn't want any holes in it. Either way, I would be against that method, what happens when the bungees rot over time? Some modern signs are awesome, but others make me want to punch the person in the face.

Did this sign shop think they could design it in a way that no other sign shop could figure it out so they get all the business?

We have a Zoe's Kitchen here, it's quite good.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Thats why I was there! Salmon kaboobs there are awesome.

Maybe the bungees are some modern "industrial" look or something.

Last edited:

Santimus

My vote goes to temporary signs. Maybe until they get permanent ones made up or maybe because they think there will be a high turnover rate for the stores and don't want a permanent sign messing up their ultra-modern monument lol

equippaint

Its just that much easier to change the names of the tofu cafes and oxygen bars as they fail every other month. Its strange how the well off hipsters love the run down poor industrial look filled with expensive stores.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I believe that is some sort of bird barrier to keep birds from straffing the parking lot and someone got the bright idea to use it for a sign holder. That's Texas for ya. They think BIG down there.

Or, it could be the beginning of Trump's wall.​

Johnny Best

Pretty ingenious way to put panels up with logos of different sizes so to maneuver them around to fit. No screw heads to mess with and holes. Installers coming out and putting different size screws and materials. Just unlatch and reapply, real easy. Just a maintenance guy with a ladder. How are the bungee cords attached to the panels?
Wherever Texas gets his Salmon fix he checks out the signage for work. The guy hustles.
I hear there's a new restaurant going in that serves fried salmon skin.

Marlene

Pretty ingenious way to put panels up with logos of different sizes so to maneuver them around to fit. No screw heads to mess with and holes. Installers coming out and putting different size screws and materials. Just unlatch and reapply, real easy. Just a maintenance guy with a ladder. How are the bungee cords attached to the panels?
Wherever Texas gets his Salmon fix he checks out the signage for work. The guy hustles.

I too thought it was a good way to deal with different sized signs and it doesn't destroy the wooden background with a ton of holes.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I would have gone with matte scotch tape.

The simplicity of it gives it an ultra-modern look, while at the same time being "retro"... taking you back to the old days of your childhood, taping artwork on your bedroom wall.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
If you were to gun it in that parking lot, how many would you be picking outta your grill? Enough for dinner?

Grackles are the salmon of the skies... you can trust me.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you were to gun it in that parking lot, how many would you be picking outta your grill? Enough for dinner?

Grackles are the salmon of the skies... you can trust me

That's how ya get them..... bird shot.​

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

I heard they will also be serving peas soup peas soup peas soup.