• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Well it's finally installed.

SignManiac

Just returned from putting this one up finally. Damn permit took three weeks to obtain. It sure does compliment the building and the client was beaming from ear to ear!

Attachments

• Matter of Taste-03.jpg
    Matter of Taste-03.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Matter of Taste-04.jpg
    Matter of Taste-04.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 75

SignManiac

Ah thanks J Hill. It had been sitting around the showroom for about a month or so. It was a nice sample while we had it. I always hate to see them leave, but they can't stay around the shop forever can they :)

phototec

Very NICE job, I like the color scheme.

Can you share how you made it?

What all it took too make, any photos of construction?

:rock-n-roll: :clapping:

SignManiac

Here's basically how it was made. 1.5" x 1.5" welded aluminum square tube internal structure. Covered in Polymetal with a 1/2" thick PVC raised border. Letters are HDU. Paint is all Matthews single stage urethane.

Attachments

• Cafe Detail.jpg
    Cafe Detail.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 68

fresh

Nice work! On a side note, I'm surprised you fabricated the sign before you had the permit in hand! I never start anything if there is a question about obtaining permits.

John L

Very nice. I appreciate the through-wall mounting too. I start and finish stuff before the permit is issued all the time too. It shows both your confidence in your design and understanding of the code, LL requirements, etc. It also shows that you are charging enough to do the job (cause your cost to do it should have only been a small part of what the customer pays anyway and was likely much less than the deposit that was already left). That's my thought on it anyway. Excellent job Bob!

Locals Find!

Simple, yet elegant. Makes me wanna just quit when I see work that good. I will never be able to produce or sell anything close to that.