• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

We'll its official

Al Checca

We'll its official. I found out yesterday I start Dialysis again on Nov. 2, three days a week for 4 hours at a time. Have to get back on the transplant waiting list. Here we go again 3rd time in life, man this gets old.

For those that know me this has been and ongoing thing. I have had a transplant in the past and “kidney” normally last about 10 years. The last two I have had I managed to get 12 years out of each transplant so now I’m faced with going back on dialysis and back on the waiting list to do this one more time in life.

Many here knew about this so I wanted to share this update.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Good luck to ya Al and I'd offer ya one of mine, but they've been used very hard and barely serve me sometimes.

:thumb:

jscarl

So sorry Al for the situation. My one brother in law was on the heart and lung list. He did not receive one, You are a very lucky man to have received two kidneys. Best of luck.

Jillbeans

The offer of my A- kidney still stands Al, as long as we can do it in January when I will be down with a hystericalectomy. Might as well have a sore front and back.
Would your Italian body reject an Irish kidney?
Love ya buddy.
Jill

Al Checca

The offer of my A- kidney still stands Al, as long as we can do it in January when I will be down with a hystericalectomy. Might as well have a sore front and back.
Would your Italian body reject an Irish kidney?
Love ya buddy.
Jill

LOL I'm sure it would be just fine. Old school they didn't get along...lol
:rock-n-roll:
After the last one a had a craving for some .... Let say ethnic foods.lol

Replicator

I wish you a speedy and healthy kidney Al . . .

I'd send you mine, but it would probably spoil in transit from the northwest !

Baz

That sucks man ... Best of luck Al my friend! Hope everything will work out for you!:thumb:

GB2

Old Member
Sorry to hear that Al, I wish you the best throughout your ordeal and hope you have the same success the third time around!

royster13

All the best.....My wife was fortunate to get a new kidney 1 1/2 years ago and she and the new kidney are doing fine....Good luck!....

d fleming

My daughter's closest friend is on her 3rd heart at 22. Her first transplant was at 4. 2nd at 18. The medical profession pulls off miracles everyday. Hope yours comes quick and accompanied by a full recovery.

iSign

Best wishes Al, I hope the best plan quickly comes together for you!!

I just signed my primary healthcare directive this week... signed on for organ donation.
Sorry it had to be you that is reinforcing the merits of my decision, but it does strengthen what was already a no brainer.

It's wonderful to imagine leaving a legacy of such great value!

Al Checca

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I've done this twice before and have enought fight to do it one more time so I'll knock it down.
After I start dialysis about two weeks in I'll start feeling better.