• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Well..Texas has power now but......

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
No gas or food...

20210219_130708.jpg
20210219_130508.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You were the one that said travel was almost impossible. Car wrecks all over the place...... how do you expect the shelves to be full, if no one is traveling around ??

Stacey K

I like making signs
After the corona crap I started saving all my milk jugs and filling them with water. I have a lot of water.

Is this your first trip out? I wonder if people were hoarding over the last few days with carts filled to the brim with food and not just going to pick a few things up?

I can live off ramin, water and vodka - I have a lot of vodka and ramin noodles in addition to water. Sounds like a very unhealthy diet LOL

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
After the corona crap I started saving all my milk jugs and filling them with water. I have a lot of water.

Is this your first trip out? I wonder if people were hoarding over the last few days with carts filled to the brim with food and not just going to pick a few things up?

I can live off ramin, water and vodka - I have a lot of vodka and ramin noodles in addition to water. Sounds like a very unhealthy diet LOL

If it's cheap vodka than you sound like my kind of gal.

No, this isn't my first trip out... store shelves have been dwindling all week... probably because no deliveries... hopefully they can get things back to stock next week.

netsol

my suggestion would be alternate gin & tequilla on a 3 day cycle

Jburns

And some now find that maybe being a prepper, or even a slight prepper - is a good idea.
I tell most of my family - "keep stock as if you cant get to the grocery store for 1-2 weeks".

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
We eat fresh fruit and veggies so we have to go to the store every few days. I need to get a bigger freezer to store frozen veggies... that's the first thing that goes when something happens.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Cause it rots the fastest. Most of the crap on the shelves will last about 50 years. Build and grow an orchard out back and cover your trees when it snows. Most vegetables will start producing the first year. Just protect it against rabbits, birds and all the other pests.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Everyone survives on junk food their whole lives then something like this pops up and all of the sudden healthy food becomes a priority . Like water, you got people that don't drink a drop of water all year long but go and clear out the shelves of all the bottled water when bad news pops up. I buy beer, there's protein and water in it. The rest of you are doing this wrong.
I am not some prepper but before the stores were cleared out for covid I hit up dollar general and loaded up on the 50 year food. If we don't eat it, I will donate it but push come to shove, I'm gonna eat.

Val47

during the pandemic panic shopping, our local store ran out of dry goods, and frozen pizza immediately. sadly, there was tons of fresh veggies and fruit, just sitting there, then looking sad and not as fresh.
No-one was stocking up on that